picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

dot278 Views

when and how to use retinol

Hey pickies, I’m super new and knows literally nothing about retinol. What are the tips to find the retinol? And what are you tips in applying etc and is it necessary to apply retinol. I’m 20 years old Thanks!!!
upvote

comment

14 Comments

amyrahmisa user profile picture

amyrahmisa

Dry/Sensitive

Hi, i think if you are new to retinoid, you can start with low percentage and make sure your skin is hydrate enough when you apply retinoid product cause sometimes it can make skin dry. I recommend use sandwich method, so you can apply product that can moisturize the skin (it can toner, essence, ampoule or thin layer of moisturizer) and then you apply the retinoid product, and apply moisturizer again to lock. For more detail you can check this https://www.instagram.com/p/CFSDA3ynqKW/?utm_medium=copy_link
upvote

comment

yamiisakura user profile picture

yamiisakura

Oily/Sensitive

but if the retinoid product Is a mask? how i apply it? just after cleanser and toner?
upvote

comment

SilverSliver user profile picture

SilverSliver

Dry/Sensitive

Check out Dr. Shereene Idriss or Dr. Andrea Dray on YouTube. They are wonderful sources of information for beginners💕
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

thank you! will take a look at YT🤩
upvote

comment

Prislyn user profile picture

Prislyn

Oily/Resilient

Depends on you really. Retinol is usually used for anti-aging but you can start early if your want 😊 You also have to build your tolerance with a lower percentage first before working your way up to a higher percentage
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

thank you! how do I know whether the retinol starts working? will purging be one of them? and do you have recommendations?
upvote

comment

samiyiy user profile picture

samiyiy

Oily/Resilient

You’re gonna want to start building your tolerance for retinol , I’d definitely reccomend doing more research or possibly talking to a dermatologist. personally I started off with the skinceutical retinol 0.3 . As for application I know it recommended to apply at night because retinol causes slight thinning in the outermost layer of the skin making you more susceptible to burning in the sun.
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

ahhhhh such good information! will take note on that and consult a dermatologist. thanks so much
upvote

comment

A

AngelCare

Oily/Sensitive

looking for information as well.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!