picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

byalliahmae user profile picture

byalliahmae

Dry/Resilient

dot202 Views

is it bad to always switch up your routine?

Eversince i started my skincare focused account, i have been using different products almost every 2-3 weeks and since i tend to open all products that was sent due to reviews and testaments, i happend to not have a strict routine to follow because i feel like i should use all products before they expire (especially those i like) on a normal basis i use different products from morning to night and i also use different products per day. Although i have no unwanted irritations or some sort, is it a bad thing? Will it create a long term damage to my skin? PS: I dont try out a product for only 2-3 weeks, what i mean is i incorporate new ones every 2-3 weeks, i think people are misinterpreted my point. Ofc i use them longer, i patch test for 2 days, use it alone for a week RELIGIOUSLY, another week with my usual items then identify changes for another week, i still continuously use them but with additional products
upvote

comment

5 Comments

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

two weeks is really short tbh. I wouldn't say it is super bad. if your skin is ok with it and doesn't get stressed or overwhelmed then it's ok I guess... From experience tho, it can be a bit counterproductive and a bit of a waste. Because when you switch too often you don't even get the most of the products you are using. So there is no point imo. EDIT: there are products THO, that are easily switchable: moisturizers, suncreens...
upvote

comment

byalliahmae user profile picture

byalliahmae

Dry/Resilient

hmm i actually dont use them for only 2 weeks but i do incorporate new items every 2 weeks like a new spf, lip care, masks etc😅 well i do agree with not being able to see long tern results. also opening new products can be a waste if you only use it yourself but in my case i have my mom and 3 other cousins which use my products for personal use😅
upvote

comment

Z
picky squad user badge

Zaezi

Dry/Resilient

As long as your skin isn't getting irritated I don't think it's a particularly bad thing. But you're not going to be getting the best from your products. It takes time for your products to work and for you to notice the results and by constantly switching your routine you are not giving the products a chance to do their work.
upvote

comment

irisskin user profile picture

irisskin

Dry/Resilient

I wouldn't say it's bad... but I don't think 2-3 weeks is enough time to see the results of the product :). also it could cause potential irritation if you introduce a lot of new products at once. if your skin can handle it it should be okay! :)
upvote

comment

wh user profile picture

wh

Oily/Resilient

not rlly.. i guess? (´;ω;`) if ur skin is fine then it's okii
upvote

comment

skinxyna user profile picture

skinxyna

Dry/Resilient

hi! i actually also have these kind of questions or concerns, since the deadlines are coming real soon, but the products are not yet arriving due to some delays and yep also bec they’re from the overseas, what do guys do to still come back or to stick up again to your original routine by also considering what our skin could feel after using new the products?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!