picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

chelsiapatel user profile picture

chelsiapatel

Dry/Resilient

dot228 Views

Retinol Tips!!

So after lots of research, asking questions and so on I compiled a note on what to remember/do when starting retinol. I thought it maybe a good idea to share this note after seeing @anitaind’s discussion asking for beginners tips Anyways here is my note directly copied and pasted from my phone notes. Feel free of course to add anything you may feel I have missed :) Retinol Get a good sunscreen (spf 30-50) before starting - Start at low % (0.2 then 0.5) - Before using test on skin to see how you react - Start at once a week then twice and so on - Listen to your skin before upping uses - Only use at night as it is light sensitive - Skin may feel irritated or dry after first uses that is normal - Don’t apply onto areas that are damaged/sensitive such as breakouts - No exfoliating or using actives while using (don’t use products with AHA or BHA same night as retinol) - AHA’s are Alpha Hydroxy Acids such as glycolic acid, lactic acid, citric acid, hydroxycaprylic acid and hydroxycapric acid - AHAs help remove dead skin cells to exfoliate top layer of skin but are sensitive to UV rays - BHA’s are Beta Hydroxy Acids which refers to salicylic acid and is in anti aging creams and acne treatments - BHAs can penetrate deeper into the skin to help unclog pores and minimize their appearance - Use moisturizer before retinol and again after (sandwich technique! - water base before cream base after) - Hyaluronic Acid can be used to put on before retinol as it’s watery (hyaluronic acid is an “active” but can be used with retinol!) - Apply onto neck as well - Always put sunscreen/spf on that morning and next morning! Hope this is helpful for all beginners ☺️☺️
upvote

comment

0 Comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!