picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

RachaelYeungSkincare user profile picture

RachaelYeungSkincare

Oily/Sensitive

dot920 Views

SERUM VS AMPOULE - what’s the difference?

Noun ampoule (plural ampoules) borrowed from French, earlier, "vial, flask," going back to Old French ampule, ampoule, borrowed from Latin ampulla 1. A small hermetically sealed vial. (Usually sealed by open flame that protects the contents from airborne contaminants developed in the 1890s) Serums “A serum is the clear, yellowish fluid obtained upon separating whole blood into its solid and liquid components after it has been allowed to clot, so it is not surprising that the precursors of modern-day serums were based on horse blood, egg albumin, and bovine placenta. (In the 1930s) Packaging these products in sterile ampoules preserved with oxyquinoline (and later, the invention of parabens) made them available commercially. Ever notice that your most active serums come in the tiniest bottles? This is a practice that stayed with us since the early days of short product shelf life, which meant small batches had to be made and used up quickly before the product spoiled.” - Dermascope article Facial Serums written by Dasha Saian 24 October 2014 Whats the difference? There are various types of serums available for difference skin concerns e.g. ageing skin, hyperpigmentation, dehydration, etc They typically have a smaller molecular weight than your moisturiser to work slightly deeper into the epidermis. Ampoules are like a supercharged serum that tend to have higher concentrations of active ingredients, traditionally used for a finite amount of time to address a skin issue. Now there are many different types available on the shelf for everyones skincare needs with different user experiences. Which one do you prefer? Have you ever purchased a course of ampoule treatments before? What skin concern does yours address? Recommendations coming soon! Follow me on Instagram for the drop 🎤 References: reagent.co.uk pharmaceutical-technology.com Dermascope Magazine
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

38 Comments

wh user profile picture

wh

Oily/Resilient

ohh now i know the difference 😳 ty for sharing 🤗
upvote

comment

RachaelYeungSkincare

Oily/Sensitive

No problem! I’m glad I could help! 😊
upvote

comment

Nabilahranti user profile picture

Nabilahranti

Oily/Sensitive

thanks for sharing this 😊😊
upvote

comment

lovebloomieskin user profile picture

lovebloomieskin

Oily/Resilient

omg thanks for sharing this is very helpful for me🥺 I've been looking about the differences but have not yet found so now thanks to you i know the differences🤗
upvote

comment

RachaelYeungSkincare

Oily/Sensitive

No problem! There’s a lot of different types available out there now so it’s just the case of trying them all really. All the best!
upvote

comment

glowingpotato user profile picture

glowingpotato

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for sharing 💕
upvote

comment

RachaelYeungSkincare

Oily/Sensitive

Glad you like it! 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!