picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Other

wh user profile picture

wh

Oily/Resilient

dot147 Views

eyeliner tips for beginner

hii so i've never use eyeliner before and just now i tried using it, but when i tried it WHY IS IT SO HARD ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ do u guys have any tips for this? ( ;∀;)
upvote

comment

4 Comments

ishiskin user profile picture

ishiskin

Dry/Sensitive

Once upon a time in sad young teen years, this was me 🤠 I’ve always wanted to be able to do eyeliner but I just could not do it - I couldn’t fathom how everyone did the eyeliner part on their eyelid so perfectly. I found that the hardest part and every YouTube video mainly showed how to a nice wing, which was helpful but it wasn’t too hard doing that. I only figured how to eyeliner like three weeks ago tbh and my method is tape and a GOOD EYELINER. I find pen eyeliner the easiest and I use the Macqueen black pen eyeliner (I got it £4 on yesstyle and it’s so goooood and affordable). I put the tape at the end of my eye and the trick is to find the best wing for your eye shape - I have hooded eyes (not too hooded) and I found the best flick for me is just slightly extending my eye shape at a very slight angle. Going at a harsh angle looks horrible on me. Then when it comes to drawing the line on the eyelid, I use the thinnest part of the pen liner to draw a narrow liner from half way of my eyelid to my wing. I got used to the impression that bold eyeliner is the only way to go but simple is the best way to start!
upvote

comment

Skincarelife user profile picture

Skincarelife

Oily/Sensitive

watch more how the YouTuber draw and find the most suitable for yourself, coz eyeliner is like everyone has different shapes of eyes so they draw accordingly (?) hahaha own experience 😜
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

It took me ages to find eyeliner that will fit my eye shape. What I find the best for me are tiny, flat brushes and shiseido microliner - especially if your eyelid is small. What I do is bit tricky since at first my eyelid used to close - I put shiseido microliner (gel liner) on the inner part of the eyelid (it's like water line) - it will make your lashes look full. Then I only do a wing - in my case K-beauty influencers tutorials helped me a lot since I started to do smaller line and follow my eyelid shape so it looks natural. I would say - play with eyeliner, it takes a while to learn how to use it, but it's really worth the game :)
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!