picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Routine Help

TheEpidermian user profile picture

TheEpidermian

Dry/Resilient

dot256 Views

Retinol Help From My Picky People

Hello Picky People, I am currently using my Retinol serum 3 times per week and I'm thinking of upping that to 4 times. I'm not having any major trouble with it, but I do sometimes get a bit dry in spots. I'm already using a fairly low concentration and I'm sandwiching it with moisturizer. So now I'm wondering, can I use my Cosrx Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence with it? Thanks! πŸ€— My current Retinol routine: -CeraVe Hydrating Mycellar Water -Biossance Squalane + Elderberry Jelly Cleanser -FAB Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer -Retinol -FAB Moisturizer again
carousel
upvote

comment

17 Comments

157min user profile picture

157min

Dry/Resilient

you actually can use it together since snail mucin is not active ingredients and actually a hydrating ingredients. So, it could help with your dry spots problems. Just use the essence first and then continue with your sandwich method. But do patch test first in case you are sensitive towards snail mucin ❀
upvote

comment

TheEpidermian

Dry/Resilient

Good, that's exactly what I was hoping for. I've used both products separately so I'll try a patch test tonight 🀞 Thanks!!
upvote

comment

KNJxKTH user profile picture

KNJxKTH

Oily/Sensitive

I think you can use snail mucin together with retinol :) If I remember correctly, it's AHA, BHA and Vitamin C that you can't use together with Retinol (I forgot the rest, but I'm sure snail mucin isn't included in it). Retinol can really be drying so you need a good moisturizer to counter its drying effects. I agree with continuing the sandwich method mentioned by a Picky user :)
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

hey. As long as you use your aha/bha vitamin c in the morning, you can definitely use your retinol at night.
upvote

comment

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

yes it’s great to use them tgt πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
upvote

comment

Julka user profile picture

Julka

Oily/Sensitive

I would not mix it with retinol :) (interactions and irritation)
upvote

comment

TheEpidermian

Dry/Resilient

Oh bummer, thanks for the heads up!!
upvote

comment

TheEpidermian

Dry/Resilient

Thanks everyone, I'm excited to give it a try!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!