picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

our365skin user profile picture

our365skin

Oily/Sensitive

dot108 Views

Expired Date & Not fully Oxidised/Vitamin C serum to use or no?

Can I still use the vitamin C serum if it hasn't fully oxidised, but the date has expired? I will ask the brand for this, but until they reply to me I want to hear your opinions too. Also, how do you keep your vitamin C serums that are really unstable to not oxidise quickly? I kept mine in fridge..but when I take and put back in the fridge, it somehow has oxidised a bit..:/
upvote

comment

3 Comments

glamchiclifestyle user profile picture

glamchiclifestyle

Dry/Resilient

I usually don't use oxidized Vitamin C. I've read that it can stain your skin but I don't remember where I saw it so i might be wrong 🤔🤷🏾‍♀️
upvote

comment

our365skin

Oily/Sensitive

Thankks! This hasn't fully oxidised, just a lil bit. I tried it this morning and it hasn't irritated my skin. So I guess it is still good to use.
upvote

comment

qilss user profile picture
picky squad user badge

qilss

Oily/Resilient

Expired products and oxidised vitamin c typically aren't effective anymore. So it kinda defeats the purpose of using it since it does not function as it should. But if you think it's not oxidised yet and can still see positive effects from using it, then go for it. It all depends on your skin. It should be fine as long as it doesn't cause any irritation or reactions.
upvote

comment

qilss user profile picture
picky squad user badge

qilss

Oily/Resilient

Oh and tips for storing vitamin c serums. It should be kept in a dark and cool place. So yes putting it in the fridge is the best option. Vitamin C, especially ascorbic acid is unfortunately very unstable so oxidation is inevitable. It will still oxidise bit by bit due to exposure to air and light so best to use it up quickly! 🍊
upvote

comment

avecbelle user profile picture

avecbelle

Oily/Resilient

my vit C oxidised even though I left it in the fridge, and like what the rest said, I also read online that it would stain your skin. one tip I guess is to use it quickly once opened!
upvote

comment

our365skin

Oily/Sensitive

Yeah, it is really sad that they can oxidise really quickly. I found out that this Geek&Gorgeous has a small bottle so you can put in there and use that and the bigger one can stay in the fridge. So that way I guess it can't oxidise that quickly.🤗
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!