picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

B

Basti

Oily/Sensitive

dot265 Views

2 serums in a routine

Is it okay to use 2 serums in just one routine? Because I have TO Niacinamide serum and Skin 1004 centella serum. I decided to use the niacinamide first then the centella because I've researched that centella has moisturizing factors and i use niacinamide for my acne and PIE. Usually treatments first before moisturizers right? Please comment down below your opinions, whether is it okay to use both in a routine or one in the morning and one in the evening (if it so, which one in the morning?). I'd appreciate also if you will add interesting facts and other suggestions. Thank you, guys!!
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

17 Comments

Suriskinsdiary user profile picture

Suriskinsdiary

Oily/Sensitive

yes, its okay to use 2 serums. i like to use 2 serum in my routine. first for treatment and the second for moisture or buffer. its okay to use both of them at a.m and p.m routine. and be caution when you use the to, the percentage quite high, soo maybe you can just use that once in the day, like just at a.m or p.m routine. but, if your skin is okay, you can use 2x in a day.
upvote

comment

B

Basti

Oily/Sensitive

That's a relief. Yes, I use them only one, at PM. Thank you for answering!!
upvote

comment

elaineganuelas user profile picture
picky squad user badge

elaineganuelas

Oily/Resilient

It's fine to use both in a routine but i would switch the order, centella first then niacinamide. Thinnest to thickest in terms of consistency
upvote

comment

B

Basti

Oily/Sensitive

Oh, that's great. Thank you for your suggestion❤️
upvote

comment

vinci user profile picture
super picky user badge

vinci

Oily/Resilient

i would introduce a product at a time to my skin (at least for 2 weeks) especially if it's the first time i'm using them. this makes it easier to assess if something's causing an irritation. if you introduce them at the same time and your skin reacts badly to any one or both of them it be a hassle to pinpoint which is which until you may have to drop both of them at once.
upvote

comment

B

Basti

Oily/Sensitive

That' a helpful comment. I started using the TO last June and the Centella just yesterday, so it would be easier for me to know which product might cause irritations in the future. Thank you, that helps!!
upvote

comment

SiAnastasia user profile picture

SiAnastasia

Oily/Sensitive

yes, I use two different serums in one routine too. Vitamin C in AM and calming cica in PM. Also, I prefer to use niacinamide in the evening, cause it can sting sometimes.
upvote

comment

ameliaoktarija user profile picture

ameliaoktarija

Oily/Sensitive

its ok. I sometimes layering 2 serums on my face
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!