picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Brownpeaach user profile picture

Brownpeaach

Oily/Sensitive

dot196 Views

Cleansing

Hi guys, I actually have oily acne prone skin and my skin barrier is *probably* damaged because I used an exfoliation toner daily back when I have little knowledge😭 May I know if I exercised on evening, and cleanse my face, do I still need to cleanse another round at night after 4-5 hours? I am asking this due to the concern of my skin barrier, at the same time I realised pimples are still popping out. Please help with this, thanks.
upvote

comment

5 Comments

Ferend user profile picture

Ferend

Oily/Resilient

I also have acne prone skin. I had breakouts when i used a too high bha cleanser, in my case high is 2% salicyic acid. Apparently this compromised my skin barrier as my skin got flaky & tight after cleansing. I’m not sure with the % toner you use, but do make sure to keep your acids in check. Too much can strip off the natural oil off your skin and lead to tight and drying skin like i used to have. I suggest you lower down your acid and don’t forget to moisturise after. i also workout very often in the evening before bathing, so i cleanse in the morning and evening (after workout). Don’t over cleanse, 2x a day is enough. I hope this helps.
upvote

comment

nimiii user profile picture

nimiii

Dry/Sensitive

I only cleanse once a day in the pm! I use water to wash my face in the morning, so you could do this too. 💗
upvote

comment

Dalia user profile picture

Dalia

Oily/Resilient

I would suggest doing your night routine after exercising so you don't have to cleanse another time. that's what I do and it helps a lot. even if your face feels a bit oily. i think it's fine because one less cleanse could help your skin barrier recover and if you happen to get any pimples or anything because of it, you can just address that once your skin barrier is better. that's what I do! 😅
upvote

comment

Brownpeaach user profile picture

Brownpeaach

Oily/Sensitive

that's genius hahahh thanks
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!