picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

dot106 Views

Most innovative ingredient

What do you think is the one of the most innovative ingredients contained in skincare at the moment? Do you think its niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid or something completely different? Can't wait to hear what everyone's thoughts are xx
upvote

comment

2 Comments

M

Monnn

Dry/Resilient

Honestly I think tranexamic acid. Such an underrated and not as well researched ingredient but a lot of people (myself included) have seen amazing results. It’s faded my hyperpigmentation faster than any other ingredient.
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

yes I think it is such an underrated ingredient too. I first heard of it years ago as had to take it in pill form for something completely unrelated. When it started to become big in the beauty world, firstly I was surprised but when I started doing my own research into it, it made alot of sense xx
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

None of the one you mention. Antioxidants are the most innovative in my opinion, since many of them are not even popular in skincare, but they are antioxidants - they work with free radicals. Glutathione is not that popular even if it has nice research on effectiveness. Asthaxanthin - some people probably see this name for the first time. Superoxide Dismutase or EUK134 - the ordinary and niod use it, my biochemistry lecturer was super obsessed with SOD. I kinda want to believe that peptides are most innovative as well since many of them are so called biomimetic peptides - they are similar to peptides which we naturally have in our bodies. Some peptides are even called natural botox, etc because they are supposed to give us effects similar to botox.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!