picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Opinion

Sussi user profile picture

Sussi

Oily/Resilient

dot131 Views

Products you don't use anymore?

Hello Picky community! I was watching James Welsh' video on skincare products he doesn't use any longer, and it made me think about how my own routine has changed since I first got into skincare. When I first went to Seoul a couple of years ago I didn't know much about the different brands, actives etc. I brought back a huge haul which included a ton of sheet masks. But this year I realised I was still trying to finish the rest of them, cos I simply would forget I had them and/or had a fairly extensive routine and just didn't have the energy to add another step. So since then my routine has become more paired down, and there are some products I have cut out and won't be buying anymore including: 🔹Eye creams - all the ones I've tried gave me milia and not much else than moisture and hydration, so unless my fine lines get really bad suddenly, I'm skipping them for the time being 🔹Sheet masks - if you love them, keep using them - I'm just too lazy 😂 🔹Disposable cotton pads 🔹Reusable bamboo cotton pads - bought them when I phased out the disposable ones, but I haven't been using them at all. So will gift them to a friend. How about you, are there products you used to swear by but don't use anymore?!
upvote

comment

7 Comments

christyr user profile picture

christyr

Oily/Resilient

i’m the same ! no more cotton pads/rounds for me either ! i used to love just plain old niaciniade serum and would use it daily that i would run out of it so fast ! now i don’t purchase it because a lot of products that i use already have a % of niacinamide in it that works well for me
upvote

comment

Sussi

Oily/Resilient

Ooh, yes once I finish my niacinamide serum I won't be purchasing another one!
upvote

comment

mochiface user profile picture

mochiface

Dry/Sensitive

I don't use cotton pads and sheet masks anymore too
upvote

comment

Sussi

Oily/Resilient

Yeah, I completely understand that people enjoy them but am kinda happy I'm producing a bit less waste 🙂
upvote

comment

kaweeel user profile picture

kaweeel

Oily/Sensitive

Wipes, cotton rounds, sheet masks! I find them wasteful😬😬 physical scrubs for the face too, I damaged my barrier hihu
upvote

comment

Bibii user profile picture

Bibii

Oily/Sensitive

I dont use cotton pads anymore, eye creams I have never used before and also mechanical exfoliants such as scrubs! I found out it is easier for me to use my hands when applying toners... But I'm guilty of using sheet masks🙈
upvote

comment

Sussi

Oily/Resilient

Well skincare is self-care, so some allowance is ok without needing to feel guilty 🙂 I think the last time I used a physical scrub was a DIY for the body decades ago haha 🙊
upvote

comment

mq user profile picture

mq

Oily/Resilient

Disposable cotton pads and eye creams!! 😬 I only use sheet masks about once a week for pamper time 😂
upvote

comment

Sussi

Oily/Resilient

We all need some pampering, especially during this crazy, weird time in the world! 🙂
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!