picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

hxmesick user profile picture

hxmesick

Oily/Resilient

dot865 Views

Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Ampoule and overall routine

Few days ago I received the Skin1004 ampoule as a result of winning Picky×Skin1004 giveaway, yay!🎉 Never knew anyone who won any giveaways and never expected to win one myself 🤷🏻‍♀️ Currently, my routine is not very organized or targeting any exact problems, it's just there for my skin to be in okay-ish condition. I've also never used any ampoules or serums so arrival of giveaway prize made me think whether I'm satisfied with my current routine. I'd like to ask the Picky community for advice on changing or organising my routine in a better way, thanks in advance and sorry for the muddled message 😅🥰
Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser

COSRX
Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser

star rating

(699)

favorite

All Around Safe Block Sun Gel SPF50+ PA+++

MISSHA
All Around Safe Block Sun Gel SPF50+ PA+++

star rating

(161)

favorite

Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water

By WISHTREND
Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water

star rating

(260)

favorite

Hydrating Lotion (Light)

Hada Labo
Hydrating Lotion (Light)

star rating

(16)

favorite

upvote

comment

11 Comments

mq user profile picture

mq

Oily/Resilient

Apart from the comment above, I suggest not to use the cosrx cleanser and by wishtrend mandelic acid together in the same routine. 😅 Maybe you can also incorporate lighweight moisturizers or gel type moisturizers for your skin. If you have essences, serums, and ampoules in the future, you can apply from thinnest to thickest consistency. In your routine, @157min already mentioned it but in your night time routine, you might want to double cleanse to fully clean the sunscreen residues. 😊
upvote

comment

hxmesick

Oily/Resilient

Great advice, the cosrx cleanser is almost over (finally) and I was on the lookout for a better, more gentle one. Maybe you have any recommendations for me? 😅 I was considering the one below from innisfree. What concerns me is that I'm afraid that at night gentle cleansers might not cleanse my face well from the cleansing oil/balm so I'm really unsure of which cleanser to use next ☹️
Blueberry Rebalancing 5.5 Cleanser

INNISFREE
Blueberry Rebalancing 5.5 Cleanser

star rating

(77)

favorite

upvote

comment

157min user profile picture

157min

Dry/Resilient

Oh, you don't use any moisturizer in your routine ? Although you have oily skin, i still recommend you using moisturizer but opt for water-based or gel moisturizers. Your routine seem okay to me as long as you don't use the mandelic acid everyday. I have the same Wishtrend product and i only use it about twice a week. Also, do opt for cleansing oil/balm if you use makeup everyday If you wanna incorporate the ampoule, here is my suggested routine. 1. Cleanser - Cosrx 2. Toner - hada labo light 3. Ampoule - Skin1004 4. Your moisturizers 5. Sunscreen - Misha For PM routine, just discard the sunscreen and use the mandelic acid if you want on alternate nights.
upvote

comment

hxmesick

Oily/Resilient

OHHH, I KNEW I FORGOT TO ADD SOMETHING I use this emulsion and it's almost a holy grail for me, and it's enough since I have oily skin and live in Malaysia
Good Cera Super Ceramide Emulsion

HOLIKA HOLIKA
Good Cera Super Ceramide Emulsion

star rating

(16)

favorite

upvote

comment

maskin03 user profile picture

maskin03

Oily/Sensitive

I think you'll love having a serum in your routine 💞 Looking at what you're currently using, I'd advise you not to use those sa cleanser and mandelic acid toner in the same routine. You shouldn't exfoliate to often, maybe 2~3 times a week, at night. That Hada Labo lotion's great, you can use it every day and even twice a day ! There's only a moisturizer missing here ! Pick one you like and fits your skin so can lock everything in ❣️ Then finish with your Missha sunscreen 💯
upvote

comment

Bonitaa user profile picture

Bonitaa

Oily/Resilient

@hxmesick I currently using a cleanser from. Barr and it's greaaaat!! I totally recommend u to try it. it has a gel texture and foams so good when applied. Very mild but it does its job!
Centella Calming Gel Cleanser

Barr Cosmetics
Centella Calming Gel Cleanser

star rating

(40)

favorite

upvote

comment

soonfei user profile picture

soonfei

Oily/Sensitive

Wow congratulations
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!