picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

S

skinSOS

Oily/Resilient

dot240 Views

Wedding in 1 month - help my acne!!

Hey there, I’ve had clear skin my whole life but I got pretty bad acne at the beginning of the pandemic and now it’s just ok. I’m getting breakouts pretty regularly (mostly on my forehead) and I really don’t want that to happen on my wedding day. I just discovered this app and wish I had sooner but any help is apppreciated! Age: 32 Skin type: oily Routine: -cleanser: cetaphil -toner: Trader Joe’s rose water toner -vit C in the AM: ole Hendrickson truth serum -hyaluronic acid in the PM: cera ve -moisturizer: biossance squalane + probiotic gel -I use glossier Solution exfoliator about once a week -just started using Peter Thomas Roth aha/aba acne clearing gel because I’ve heard good things Here is a photo from this morning, it’s towards the end of a breakout. Thank you!!
carousel
upvote

comment

10 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

One month is very soon and changing things up too much could potentially make things worse. I would suggest to stick to your routine but make sure you double cleanse. Check all your products for comedogenic ingredients that could be clogging your pores. Exfoliate 3-4x a week but make sure you don't dry your skin out. You could also add a clay mask 1-2x a week to get rid off the excess oil. Otherwise, eat a balanced diet, try to get enough sleep, avoid stress (I'm sure that's not an easy one!), hydrate, change your sheets and towels frequently and always wear spf. I know this may sound cheesy - but it's such a beautiful day in your life that you'll forget it on the day! Just enjoy the time with your husband, family and friends 🎉💜
upvote

comment

S

skinSOS

Oily/Resilient

thanks so much, this is super helpful!! I appreciate your advice!
upvote

comment

xxygirl user profile picture

xxygirl

Oily/Sensitive

I never tried this but it highly recommend by euniunnie for acne
[Discontinued] Clean LHA Blemish Ampoule

Rovectin
[Discontinued] Clean LHA Blemish Ampoule

star rating

(176)

favorite

upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

I agree. now is not the time to start changing up your routine. usually things get worse before they get better when you change up products. do just continue with your routine and always double cleanse. even if you dont wear makeup, double cleansing is do important xx
upvote

comment

S

skinSOS

Oily/Resilient

thanks for the advice!!
upvote

comment

Smartskin101 user profile picture

Smartskin101

Oily/Resilient

Congrats! if you’re looking to combat acne, then bha or salicylic acid is a great ingredient. I know you said that you’re using a couple products with that in it. Side note, rose water smells really great but it’s not necessary in a skincare routine. It’s been talked about by a lot of derms that it doesn’t really do as much for the skin as people think it does, so you can put that money to a good chemical exfoliant you can use a couple times a week/fortnight (whatever your skin can handle) like the ones I’ve tagged.
Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

The Ordinary
Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

star rating

(739)

favorite

AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

The Ordinary
AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

star rating

(1780)

favorite

upvote

comment

S

skinSOS

Oily/Resilient

thank you! a few of my products have salicylic acid so that’s good. I think I’m gonna stop using the rose water toner for now :)
upvote

comment

skincarex18 user profile picture

skincarex18

Oily/Resilient

Congratulations!!! I’m not sure if products would work fast enough to the approaching date of your wedding. I would suggest seeing an Aesthetician or a dermatologist. I am confident that they will be able to sort out something for your skin.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!