picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

yue user profile picture

yue

Oily/Sensitive

dot110 Views

Oil cleanse for chemical spf?

Hello! I heard a debate about if you should double/oil cleanse at night if you wear a chemical spf, since it doesn’t create a ‘physical shield’ so a regular cleanse is okay, and if I just wear a chemical spf and use an oil cleanser for my double cleanse it’s too rough on the skin. Thoughts?
upvote

comment

2 Comments

157min user profile picture

157min

Dry/Resilient

Well, most regular cleanser has enough surfactants in it to take off sunscreen, but it is advised to double cleanse for a more deep cleansing at night. And if you are feeling cleansing oil is too rough for your skin, it is either the cleansing oil doesn't has enough slip to it, that you feel you are dragging your skin. Or, you are massaging your skin too hard. And if cleansing oill still doesn't work for you, you can opt for cleansing balm, milk cleanser or micellar water to take off your sunscreen.
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Both mineral and chemical is absorbed into the skin for it to work. Mineral sunscreen molecule is bigger so it feels like it’s on the skin but it’s absorbed. Double cleansing depends on how much sunscreen you have on and how many times you reapply. It’s something you have to test and find out if it works for you.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!