picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

DebbieGirl user profile picture

DebbieGirl

Dry/Sensitive

dot405 Views

Do You Know About The Massive Sunscreen Recall?

What are your thoughts on the massive sunscreen recall this Summer? What is your sunscreen and have you checked to make sure your’s isn’t on the list? There’s 80! Here’s the Link. Stay Safe My Fellow Picky Friends. https://www.livescience.com/sunscreen-carcinogen-benzene.html
carousel
upvote

comment

11 Comments

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

It is so sad that so many (80???) sunscreens were recalled! Especially those from brands that we trust! Luckily my sunscreen isnt on that list! Thank you for sharing this!
upvote

comment

DebbieGirl

Dry/Sensitive

It is very sad. I was fortunate mine wasn’t in it either. I saw they recalled another in Australia yesterday.
upvote

comment

Alatinaandagolden user profile picture
super picky user badge

Alatinaandagolden

Oily/Resilient

I still have some bottles of my dear Korean sunscreen which was only spf 28 (the drama of the Korean sunscreen) at least doesn’t have any cancerous ingredients but
[Discontinued] Soft Airy UV Essence

Dear, Klairs
[Discontinued] Soft Airy UV Essence

star rating

(333)

favorite

upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

It doesn't have cancerous ingredients, but here the issue was different - brands believed in tests by manufacturer that's why they didn't try alternative tests. Right now, the tests of SPF all around the world takes bit longer since lots of brands decided to test their SPFs in at least two labs at the same time to make sure they get the most accurate information (I got this info from a biochemist friend, who told me that even in my country queue is quite long).
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Yup It’s a contamination of the ingredients that they sourced and not like thed intentionally added benzene. Only a few of them, spray bottle ones, were actually recalled, while the rest is still okay The company that did the test feels a bit shady to me because it seems they feel they are above FDA or something and it feels it wants to be like the gateway of “safe” sunscreen or something. I just read through it casually.
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

It's an old topic - 2 months ago Neutrogena had to pull their sunscreens from the market. Majority of products pulled out of market were sprays :)
upvote

comment

DebbieGirl

Dry/Sensitive

They are still recalling more and yes the majority were sprays.
upvote

comment

MimiMomoSkincare user profile picture

MimiMomoSkincare

Dry/Sensitive

Happily I didn’t see my sunscrwwn on the list😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Benton TikTok Shop Cashback | Try Benton Products, Get Cashback! event

Picky x Benton TikTok Shop Cashback | Try Benton Products, Get Cashback!

Audience

All Users

Deadline

June 24th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!