picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

adelaidegina user profile picture

adelaidegina

Oily/Sensitive

dot158 Views

how to reapply sunscreen without makeup

Hi guys! From the first time i use sunscreen, ive never tried to reapply and turns out its really important, so im learning how to reapply. But i think, people usually asking about how to reapply sunscreen over makeup instead without makeup, so its kinda hard to find 'how to reapply' without makeup 🤣🤣 is there any tips that you can share with me? Ive tried washing my face with water only and then reapply sunscreen, but my face felt too dirty like the leftover sunscreen wasnt removed yet and later i have many little bumps on my cheeks, so i guess i cant use that trick. Is it okay to clean the leftover sunscreen with micellar water, rinse it with water, then reapply? Someone i know and one beauty vlogger i watch said better not to use micellar water (but i dont know why)
Sun Protect & White Oil Control Serum SPF50+ PA+++

Nivea
Sun Protect & White Oil Control Serum SPF50+ PA+++

star rating

(52)

favorite

upvote

comment

6 Comments

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

yes u may use cleansing water to wipe through ur face then wash off with water once before reapply sunscreen. I’ve asked this to @ranellamd on ig ( she’s a dermatologist ) & she said yes ! 😊😊
upvote

comment

adelaidegina

Oily/Sensitive

ahhh thank you!! this really helps a lot. im gonna try this later ☺️
upvote

comment

Glowyforever user profile picture
super picky user badge

Glowyforever

Oily/Resilient

It is recommended to reapply sunscreen every two hours for sufficient protection, so you can’t wash your face that many times a day either just with water or micellar water. If you don’t have any face makeup just reapply it over previous layer. Make sure to clean your skin well at night using double cleansing method.
upvote

comment

adelaidegina

Oily/Sensitive

ahh i see. guess im gonna try a few method that works well on me. thank you so much!
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

i personaly don't rewash my face every time i reapply. i only use a facial mist (thermal water or any other type of face mist). - i spray my face with a facial mist - i pat my fave dry with a tissue - i reapply my sunscreen it is simple, quick, cleanses the sweat and sebum, doesn't damage my skin barrier. Despite having oily/combo skin with this method i don't feel the need to wash my skin. And it never caused me breakout👍🏼
Thermal Water

Uriage
Thermal Water

star rating

(27)

favorite

Fundamental Ampule Mist

Dear, Klairs
Fundamental Ampule Mist

star rating

(96)

favorite

Serozinc Toner for Oily Skin with Zinc

La Roche-Posay
Serozinc Toner for Oily Skin with Zinc

star rating

(9)

favorite

Mist Toner

Pyunkang Yul
Mist Toner

star rating

(106)

favorite

upvote

comment

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

I just reapply on on my face without doing anything using the same cream
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

For reapplication throughout the day, I just reapply sunscreen as usual. In the end of the day it is important to take it off. So either use double cleanse or use a really good cleanser to wash all the sunscreen off from the skin.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!