picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Other

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

dot171 Views

When You Give an Advice, Be Considering!!

This platform has been nothing but a positive community, but a discussion (posted by a child) lately shocked me on how some of us give answers to a little girl pleading for help for her skin. I’m not here to judge anyone or to give you a lesson, but when it comes to dealing with a minor it is everyone’s job to make sure he/she is well and comfortable with themselves physically and mentally. In anyway when you’re able to put yourself as a child I’m sure you wouldn’t advice actives(AHA/BHA/ vit C /retinol) for a child’s fragile skin! Their young minds are in process to be able to digest informations in a wiser manner. I wouldn’t post this if it’s not because of a child involved in the situation. And thank you so much for those who had show her encouragement, I salute you guys. From a mom of one beautiful daughter.
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

😲 I have not seen that discussion. But yes, any and all advise I think should be tailored to the poster not just randomly giving suggestions.
upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

She just had a discussion asking about hyperpigmentation and got to the daily best. I was just stunned by some answers there.
upvote

comment

Skyline user profile picture

Skyline

Oily/Sensitive

Yes, I have also seen that discussion and commented on it. I tell her that before purchasing and using a certain product, she should research first. And everyone should not just give any products suggestion without considering the age of the concerned person..
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

yes i agree completely. i feel like by recommending inappropriate products, we enable weird and unattainable standards.
upvote

comment

bymj user profile picture

bymj

Dry/Sensitive

TOTALLY AGREE with you 😘
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!