picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

ihavepores user profile picture

ihavepores

Oily/Resilient

dot268 Views

SPF Ratings and what they mean

Hello everyone👋🏾 Today's topic is SPF Ratings. SPF also known as 'Sun Protection Factor' the SPF number indicates how much longer than usual you can stay in the sun without getting sunburned. For example, if you can stay in the sun unprotected for twenty minutes before your skin begins to burn, SPF 30 allows you to remain in the sun for thirty times longer, or ten hours, without burning. This should not give anyone an excuse to not reapply their sunscreen because sunscreen degrades on sunlight so they become lee effective over time that's why its important to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours. When buying a sunscreen make to sure to look for a broad spectrum sunscreen that has a label stating that it  protects against UVA and UVB rays  because SPF only means it protects against UVB rays. Hope this post clears some confusion. Let me know your thoughts on this in the comments. Also I post educational stuff like this on my Instagram @ihavepores https://www.instagram.com/p/CSVUdjWKaax/?utm_medium=copy_link
upvote

comment

1 Comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!