picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

K

kathleenn01

Oily/Sensitive

dot158 Views

oily but dry 🤬

I have combo skin and my nose gets sooooo oily. But the inside of my skin feels super dry and tight. I’ve read that it is due to the imbalance of oil and water on my skin. I try to stay cool so that my skin doesn’t overheat and produce more oil but even when I’m just sitting down, my nose gets so oily 😩 I stay away from oily foods and drink lots of water and tea. I’ve tried clay masks already but I don’t like them bc it’s hard to wash off and my nose feels too dry after. I’ve also tried using oil for oily skin (below) but a few hours later it’ll be oily again. can anyone recommend products that will help or what I could change in my routine please I beg 🙏🏻 😫 My routine: Oil cleanser (night) Foam cleanser Toner Serum Spot treatment (when needed) Moisturizer Oil (for face massage a few times a week) Sunscreen
Tea Tree Green Oil

Aromatica
Tea Tree Green Oil

star rating

(1)

favorite

upvote

comment

3 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Oily skin tends to get oilier when it's not getting enough moisture. So whilst things like clay masks are good to get rid of excess oil, they can also dry your skin out too much, which leads to sebum overproduction - a vicious cycle. So don't use them more than 2x a week, or only apply to the oily areas (like T zone). For oily skin I would recommend gel cleanser, something not too stripping. If you use a hydrating toner, apply it to damp skin. Use a serum with niacinamide to help control oil production. Use a lighter gel moisturiser in the day but try a richer one for the night time. I personally do not use oil cleansers or other oil products because they clog my pores, but I know lots of people swear by them. On the bright side, oily skin tends to age slower so that's something 👌😊
K

kathleenn01

Oily/Sensitive

Yay for aging slower 😆☺️
upvote

comment

xxygirl user profile picture

xxygirl

Oily/Sensitive

yeah I have the same skin types with you.. not sure if this right but it oily dehydrated skin... you should add hydrating product in your routine maybe choose something lighter since it might be too much for your oily skin..
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!