picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Other

Cornelia user profile picture

Cornelia

Dry/Sensitive

dot145 Views

Acne prone or just dehydrated? 🤯

I remember at the start of my skincare journey, I was convinced that my skin type was combination. I had what felt like an oily T-sone, very noticeable pores and dry flaky skin on my nose and cheeks. I tried so many products to fight my breakouts, but they would all make my dry patches even worse. And when I tried heavy moisturizers for my dry patches, they made my breakouts even worse in return! I was at such a loss! But then I stumbled upon a YouTube video of someone with the same problem as me (Harli G for those who also have a houseplant addiction like me lol), and she talked about how she tried out Hyrams method for determining your skin type: use a gentle cleanser, pat your face dry and wait 1 hour - if it feels tight, your skin is dehydrated, if it feels oily your type is oily, if it feels dry/flaky to the touch your skin is dry, or a combination of the above. Suddenly she discovered that her skin was infact dehydrated and dry, not oily! I rushed to the bathroom to try, and had the same result! My mind was blown lol! I didn’t know much about skin care at the time, but did some research and ended up buying the supple preparation toner from Klairs and the hydrium moisture power enriched cream from COSRX. Suddenly after only a couple of weeks, my skin cleared up and the tight feeling I always used to have was gone! Has any of you had the same experience? What was your “mind blown” moment in skin care? I want to know!
carousel
Hydrium Moisture Power Enriched Cream

COSRX
Hydrium Moisture Power Enriched Cream

star rating

(46)

favorite

Supple Preparation Unscented Toner

Dear, Klairs
Supple Preparation Unscented Toner

star rating

(712)

favorite

Beta Glucan 100% Power Moisture Serum

Iunik
Beta Glucan 100% Power Moisture Serum

star rating

(126)

favorite

upvote

comment

0 Comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!