picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

JummieJo user profile picture

JummieJo

Dry/Resilient

dot108 Views

psoriasis help

Hello! My husband suffers from psoriasis and I was wondering if anyone has had any success with skin care that has helped. Is it bad to use AHA’s? Would retinol help? I would appreciate any info, thanks in advance!
upvote

comment

2 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

I probably wont use AHA and/or retinol. That may make the situation worst. Has he been seen by a derm? depending on how bad it is it can range from requiring steroid creams to highly emollient creams. Depending on types or triggers For something over the counter: I would opt for gentle products like baby washes, emollient creams. etc Avene Xera Calm Balm or cream is great. Ingredients like colloidal oats, ceramides are great too, AHA/Retinol will irritated the already irritated, inflammed or crusty skin
Lipikar Wash AP+ Moisturizing Body Wash & Face Wash

La Roche-Posay
Lipikar Wash AP+ Moisturizing Body Wash & Face Wash

star rating

(31)

favorite

upvote

comment

JummieJo user profile picture

JummieJo

Dry/Resilient

thank you for the info. he has not been to the dermatologist. he mostly just has it on his elbows so easily managed most of the time. I figured the harsher stuff was bad. thanks for the tips about products!
upvote

comment

SiAnastasia user profile picture

SiAnastasia

Oily/Sensitive

One of my friend has a psoriasis and he use products with salicylic acids. Gel gleansers. Also, he advises to use ointment based moisturizers, for super dry skin, maybe it is better to use oils.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!