picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

urbangalaxies user profile picture

urbangalaxies

Dry/Sensitive

dot200 Views

Preservative free - good or dangerous?

Hello everyone! I’ve been picked for the Skin1004xPicky Review event and got my ampoule today! After reading the ingredient list I was a bit shocked - 100% centella extract sounds great but is that REALLY everything?? Does it not contain any preservatives? If people touch their skin directly with the applicator and then put it back into the serum, that seems rather…. Mold-friendly? Does anyone know if it’s really JUST the centella? I’ve asked the brand on social media but haven’t gotten a response so far, so I thought I’d ask the community here! 💚
carousel
carousel
Madagascar Centella Ampoule

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Ampoule

star rating

(3896)

favorite

upvote

comment

3 Comments

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

It's for sure not 100% Centella, according to EU law - there are ingredients below 0,1% or 0,01% (I do not remember it correctly) that doesn't have to be mentioned so I guess this serum has some preservatives, antimicrobial as well as buffer or thickening ingredients. I'm not sure how about other countries and how the law regarding to ingredients is but the same thing is with mugwort essences or even Artemisia mask from Missha - it wasn't 100% Artemisia Mask or essence, especially if we think about sheet or gel mask, it was just impossible :) So don't be scared, but still I would recommend to observe the serum. Not all korean products have so called PAO date on packaging but I would also stick to PAO - a tiny jar with information how many months after opening should you use product before it goes bad :)
upvote

comment

menuruthsaya user profile picture

menuruthsaya

Dry/Resilient

well, according to inci site, they still have preservative in the inhredient list (site link : https://incidecoder.com/products/skin1004-madagascar-centella-asiatica-100-ampoule). and with or without preservatives, droppers aren't supposed to touch your skin. preservatives doesn't keep your product safe from any bacteria or anything from your skin that accidentally got into your products because your dropper touched your skin.
upvote

comment

urbangalaxies user profile picture

urbangalaxies

Dry/Sensitive

very true, I just thought that if it does touch the skin AND is preservative free, that’s even worse. I don’t put tje applicator on my skin - but the brand showed exactly that on one of their posts about the ampoule on IG. And I feel like too many people would follod that.
upvote

comment

Z

zoozoo

Dry/Sensitive

i think it just 100% centella because most of ingredients apps or website says this product only have 1 ingredientes but i dont know for sure either,since its an ampoule and already designated it should contained preservatives (maybe it has small ammount or percentage), its already designated as a skincare i think its doesn’t easily get molded 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!