picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

anatriesskincare user profile picture

anatriesskincare

Oily/Sensitive

dot105 Views

PR unboxing

I love to check other account's Instagram stories, love to see and engage in other type of content aside from posts, for example daily skincare routines. I can't help it but whenever I see this big PR unboxings everyday I always feel so upset. It's like that childhood feeling of all the other kids getting presents except you. I know it sounds so dramatic lol. I don't know, I don't have a solid opinion on this yet but I just know everyday I feel more and more upset about it and less motivated to create content since I feel like I already posted about all the products I have and don't want to be repetitive or annoying. I know this thoughts have no order, just wanted to read more opinions on the topic. (Just for context, I've never got any PR package or anything like that before).
upvote

comment

2 Comments

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

Hi, you shouldn't feel that way. Lots of people put hard work behind their accounts - sometimes you don't see the work they do. What I recommend is to focus on creating your content and "brand" for yourself - one day brands if they'll see you having something in common with them, they will start to knock to your doors to collaborate with you :) we all started from nothing, as a blogger with 5 years experience i can tell you that sometimes I'm sad when I see people doing no work and getting better exposure than me, but in the end, I'm sure hard work will pay and others might give up blogging meanwhile since many of my friends gave up on blogging meanwhile because they felt burned. It's better to think about PR like work than free products since we should be honest about product we review also it's impossible to review 30 products in a month - less is better and believe me with honest reviews and nice content you will gain more than people who gets all PR and publish lots of reviews per day, so there's nothing to be jealous of :)
upvote

comment

anatriesskincare

Oily/Sensitive

Thanks for the thoughtfull reply! I don't know yet if I'll continue with content creation since I feel I'm getting too upset about it and as childish as it sounds, I kind of feel done with it. To protect the joy it used to bring me once i'll stop for a bit but you are completely right. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts! 🤗
upvote

comment

polkadotskin user profile picture

polkadotskin

Oily/Sensitive

for me, i try not to get jealous of other people and I use it more of a motivation to grow my IG account more.
upvote

comment

anatriesskincare

Oily/Sensitive

I used it as a motivation before, but more than jelousy, it has become more like something that makes me doubt my value and what I can produce, so I often feel worthless basically (I know it sounds dramatic, it's not meant to be like that, lol).
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!