picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

P

Picky750073

Oily/Sensitive

dot257 Views

Re-applying sunscreen

Personally, I don't feel comfortable applying anything on my face without washing my face first. So I'm kinda struggling with the idea of re-applying sunscreen. I understand that we should only wash our face twice a day (morning and night). However, I've been seeing that we should re-apply sunscreen for at least every after 2 hours? I haven't been able to do it yet because my issue with wanting to wash my face first. Do you have any advise for me? Will I breakout if I re-apply sunscreen without washing my face first? What do you do before re-applying sunscreen? Thank you for your time in advance. :)
upvote

comment

13 Comments

Fuyuka user profile picture

Fuyuka

Oily/Sensitive

I reapply sunscreen for about 4-5 hours, as I mostly stay at home and I use SPF 50. I only reapply at midday. I use micellar water to cleanse the previous residue then rinse it with water. After that I apply some moisturizer then proceed with the sunscreen. So far it never causes me any problem.
upvote

comment

MelissaKarey user profile picture

MelissaKarey

Dry/Resilient

today I went out a lot so in total I reapplied 4 times. I have dry skin so it’s not a problem for me to layer and layer. I never wash my face when I reapply and I only wash my face at night time and I personally have never broken out but then again my face isn’t sensitive. maybe you could wipe with a moisturizing thicker toner like an emulsion and then follow up with some sort of sunscreen whether it’s a spray, stick, or a lotion.
upvote

comment

Skincarebuddy07 user profile picture

Skincarebuddy07

Oily/Sensitive

omg same! I don't feel comfortable reapplying sunscreen without cleansing my face first! But yea I'm also afraid that I might be over-cleansing so what I do is to use those oil sheet to eliminate the oiliness then I spray my face with any face spray or mist then reaaply the sunscreen ♥️
Thermal Spring Water

Avene
Thermal Spring Water

star rating

(209)

favorite

upvote

comment

yamiisakura user profile picture

yamiisakura

Oily/Sensitive

a Lot of People use sunscreen in spray or powder for reapply without washing the face, i understand you, my face is so oily that if i apply another layer of somehing with my face oily Its gonna be a mess, i can't buy a spray or powder sunscreen so i dont re apply it
upvote

comment

mochiface user profile picture

mochiface

Dry/Sensitive

I feel a bit gross when I reapply sunscreen especially when sweaty that is why I double cleanse at night to wash the layers of sweat and sunscreen
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!