picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus āž•

Routine Help

Millyjxx user profile picture

Millyjxx

Oily/Resilient

dot182 Views

How do you wean your skin on/off of products? (help mešŸ„ŗ)

Hi guys, My routine is all over the place and I really want to replace, remove or add products to my routine. I am just finishing the process of trying to repair my skin barrier and due to increased acne (with the help of you guys) Iā€™ve decided itā€™s time for me to start using actives again. I want to add my BHA back into my routine (2/3 times a week), plus a Vit C serum (just AM) and maybe a toner. At the moment all I am using is a moisturiser and a serum. I want to remove this current serum from my routine because itā€™s a hyaluronic acid one and there is hyaluronic acid in my new moisturiser. So, how would you guys remove the serum from your routine and add the additional products Iā€™ve mentioned? Should I just stop using my current serum straight away and just keep with my moisturiser for a bit before adding a new product, or should I add a new product first and then take away the first serum? How long should I wait before I add another new product to my rountine? 2 weeks, a month? Should I just go straight in with the new product or just start using it once a week (even with something like a toner) and then increase weekly usage? Iā€™m so confused!šŸ˜« I really donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing with my rountine and Iā€™m stressed that itā€™s going to ruin my skin again after spending a month trying to repair it.
upvote

comment

1 Comment

mmskin user profile picture

mmskin

Dry/Sensitive

You really only need to ā€œweanā€ into active ingredients, no need to wean onto inactive ingredients or wean off anything IMO. Iā€™d cut the serum first, hardly a chance anything will happen. If itā€™s a hydrating toner, just do a patch test and add it in as normal whenever you feel like it. No need to introduce it slowly. I would however start the vit c and BHA at different times. Which one you want first is up to you, but vit c is likely way easier to incorporate so Iā€™d start with that. If itā€™s new just patch test. In my opinion, if itā€™s like a vit c derivative, Iā€™d jump into it daily (unless you have a history of vit c sensitivity) and then wait like a week or two before adding in the BHA once a week then slowly upping it.
upvote

comment

Millyjxx user profile picture

Millyjxx

Oily/Resilient

omg thank you so much, thatā€™s so helpful! youā€™ve answered all my questions!:)
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!