picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

angelxskin user profile picture

angelxskin

Oily/Resilient

dot235 Views

help with congestion/textured skin

please help! ive had skin that looks like this for nearly seven years now. it doesn’t look that bad when i wake up but during the day it starts to get oily (especially in my t-zone). people have told me it’s milia but through my own research, i think my skin is just congested and/or textured. (maybe even fungal acne in the last photo?) i’ve tried paula’s choice 2% bha and the inkey list glycolic acid 10% toner but they don’t seem to have lasting effects for me. i was going to buy the ordinary aha/bha peel but i’m afraid of damaging my skin. i’m considering trying a retinol but i don’t want to waste any more money. i honestly don’t know what to do; i’m trying to find a dermatologist but i’m moving soon so it’s difficult. my morning routine is CeraVe SA or foaming facial cleanser > CeraVe daily moisturizing lotion > Aveeno spf 30 oatmeal sunscreen. i’m trying revamp my nighttime routine but for a while i’ve just been using Shea Moisture african black soap > some nights the exfoliators mentioned above > CeraVe PM moisturizer. please help i will buy any (reasonably priced… lol) product at this point :(
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

2 Comments

marrieberrie user profile picture

marrieberrie

Dry/Sensitive

I would look into korean skincare they use a lot of soothing healing ingredients that help calm the skin down. I have the same problem I use the sa cleanser every night and that seems to help 👍🏽
upvote

comment

angelxskin user profile picture

angelxskin

Oily/Resilient

what is the name of the cleanser?
upvote

comment

marrieberrie user profile picture

marrieberrie

Dry/Sensitive

I use it at night but I would start like every other day to get used to the salicylic acid 👍🏽
SA Smoothing Cleanser

CeraVe
SA Smoothing Cleanser

star rating

(619)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!