picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Katie11 user profile picture

Katie11

Dry/Resilient

dot119 Views

Help with dry skin please!!

hello beautifuls, I have phases where i get really dry skin on my face in areas like around my mouth and forehead. These dry patches typically go away once I moisturize and apply squalane oil or hyloronic acid, but recently my precious products just haven’t been cutting it. So if anyone else has ever dealt with this please help me out and recommend some products or changes to my routine I can try!!!
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

How are you using your Hyaluronic acid? Are you using it and applying it on wet skin? Otherwise, layering with a gentle simple hydrating toner under your hyaluronic acid can work. Add moisturiser then seal it with squalane oil Have a look also at your cleanser? The ph might be to high and drying your skin even more.
Soothing Facial Toner

Simple
Soothing Facial Toner

star rating

(208)

favorite

Wonder Ceramide Mochi Toner

TONYMOLY
Wonder Ceramide Mochi Toner

star rating

(161)

favorite

upvote

comment

Katie11

Dry/Resilient

Thank you so much!! I’ve been applying my Hyaluronic acid after my toner, if i apply it on wet skin can I still follow that step with toners or should i skip the toners all together?
upvote

comment

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

This is a lovely one to try in addition to Ruthies suggestions

Katie11

Dry/Resilient

Thank you so much for the recommendation!!
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

I would cut all your actives and focus on hydration! What I like to do is either 7 skin method or slugging. 7 skin method : Applying your hydrating toners 7 times. I do it like 4-5 times because I'm too lazy. Or have you tried slugging? Slugging is applying a thin layer of vaseline (which is really occlusive) at the end of your PM routine. When I have dry patches this works perfectly fine on my skin.
upvote

comment

Katie11

Dry/Resilient

I didn’t even think about vaseline!! thank you so much<3
upvote

comment

Pickytoner user profile picture

Pickytoner

Oily/Resilient

use a tiny TINY amount of petroleum around the area when you finish your routine!

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!