picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus āž•

Skin Concern

enne user profile picture

enne

Oily/Resilient

dot421 Views

irritated skin

hello picky friends! i need your thoughts i used a new moisturizer today and may or may not have forgotten to patch test šŸ¤« i also forewent spf since im stuck in a dark cave (aka my room). the entire morning my skin was super itchy and irritated but before i headed out for lunch, i spritz on facial mist and put on sunscreen and somehow my skin doesnā€™t feel irritated anymore??? my skin felt mildly irritated this morning before the moisturizer, but it was barely noticeable sort of irritation. also i should mention that my house is currently dusty af bc weā€™re renovating our kitchen and the whole house looks like a battleground. so rn iā€™m not too sure if the moisturizer exacerbated the irritation, or if the lack of spf wearing did, or the environment iā€™m in?? all of the above, noneā€”kinda one of those ā€œit just happensā€ things? do i keep using the moisturizer, or pass it on? has this happened to yā€™all??
upvote

comment

10 Comments

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

if your skin was irritated before the moisturizer may "just" have exacerbated the irritation due to its formulation. maybe it contains fragrance or something else that is usually tolerated but since your skin was already irritated...šŸ˜¬ maybe temporarily change your moisturizer for a soothing one. or skip it for a while? and only use your mist and SPF in the morningšŸ¤”
upvote

comment

enne

Oily/Resilient

yeah you have a point, the new moisturizer does have fragrance but fragrance isnā€™t generally a sensitizer for me. i probably shouldnā€™t have used a new moisturizer since my skin was a lil irritated anyway šŸ˜… iā€™m thinking i should just stick to my usual moisturizer for now, and use the new one once my skin has calmed down. tho iā€™m still now sure why putting on sunscreen somehow stopped the irritation šŸ¤”
upvote

comment

koolklawz user profile picture

koolklawz

Oily/Resilient

Iā€™d try a patch test anyway, just to see if you react again. We did some remodeling last year, and the dust from the drywall was a definite irritant for me.
upvote

comment

enne

Oily/Resilient

i did a patch test yesterday evening and it was fine, so iā€™m guessing the environment is a big contributing factor rn. since itā€™s also making eczema flare up šŸ˜­
upvote

comment

Farya user profile picture

Farya

Oily/Resilient

maybe during cleaning you accidentally touched something irritating ? powder ? some liquid etc
upvote

comment

enne

Oily/Resilient

yeah, i reckon itā€™s all the debris dust in the air. the moisturizer was particularly occlusive, and iā€™m guessing it also trapped all that micro dust particles onto my skin šŸ˜£šŸ˜­
upvote

comment

heyitsmikaaa user profile picture

heyitsmikaaa

Dry/Sensitive

It could be the environment. But I suggest you go back to your usual routine, minus actives (if using any).
upvote

comment

enne

Oily/Resilient

i went back to my usual routine (and my usual actives šŸ˜¬) but my skin is fine today. i think itā€™s def the environment bc itā€™s also making my eczema flare up šŸ˜£šŸ˜­
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!