Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

sirsphere user profile picture
super picky user badge

sirsphere

Dry/Resilient

dot158 Views

What is your experience with retinol?

What do you think of this? I’ve been using it for 2 weeks and my skin feels quite tense. Today I forgot to put on sunsceeen (was out for 20min max) and my skin is quite irritated in terms it feels like thousands needles piercing it.. Did you have similar experiences?
Advanced Retinol 1.5% Complex Night Concentrate

No7
Advanced Retinol 1.5% Complex Night Concentrate

star rating

(19)

favorite

upvote

comment

6 Comments

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

Hi, it's normal - retinol is sensitive to light, also usually we should introduce retinol step by step, I assume you use it on daily basis, the best choice is to use it twice a week at first. Also, retinol can make your skin irritated to the level in which it's good to switch to unscented moisturizers like bioderma cicabio
Cicabio Cream

Bioderma
Cicabio Cream

star rating

(27)

favorite

upvote

comment

super picky user badge

sirsphere

Dry/Resilient

Thank you for your valuable tips!! I have been using it every other day in the first weeks. Perhaps I need to step down a little bit more… Thanks!
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Try the moisturizing technique to reduce the bite from retinol moisturizer retinol moisturizer. You also just need a pea size amount for your whole face.
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

sirsphere

Dry/Resilient

Great, thanks! I appreciate it! Will the retinol still be effective with the layer of moisturizer underneath?
upvote

comment

iamkhayramos user profile picture

iamkhayramos

Oily/Resilient

that's normal. give your skin some time to adjust.😉
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Yes retinol is oil soluble meaning it will be absorb into the skin like the moisturizer. The moisturizer will acts as a buffer to reduce potential irritation.
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I use retinol in the PM only and have not had that issue, maybe the retinol is making your skin more sensitive to sun damage, even with sunscreen on? I would switch to exclusive PM use and see if it makes things better for you :)
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!