picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

rahmafnn user profile picture

rahmafnn

Oily/Resilient

dot129 Views

Retinol

helo guys, i want to talk about retinol serum. What is the best combination if we using retinol? Thank you
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

I use a moisturizer sandwich technique or half of the technique. It means I apply moisturizer and then my retinol then moisturizer again. Now my skin has gotten use to retinol so I just apply moisturizer and retinol for my PM routine
upvote

comment

eggibles user profile picture

eggibles

Oily/Sensitive

when using retinol, try finding a product with a lower retinol concentration first, to get your skin used to it. if you use too high of a concentration at the beginning, you may overwhelm your skin and experience redness and itching. it may even peel. i suggest using the ordinary's lower concentration retinol. it's how i began using. also use moisturizers along with your retinol. anything with hyaluronic acid is great. don't mix it with other products while you're letting your skin get used to it. start off with twice a month and if you see that your skin isn't breaking out or having a bad reaction to it, you can move up to once a week. iirc, retinol isn't to be used everyday so once a week should be good.
Retinol 0.2% in Squalane

The Ordinary
Retinol 0.2% in Squalane

star rating

(123)

favorite

Hyaluronic Acid Hydra Power Essence

COSRX
Hyaluronic Acid Hydra Power Essence

star rating

(52)

favorite

upvote

comment

rahmafnn user profile picture

rahmafnn

Oily/Resilient

thank you!🖤
upvote

comment

Skincareat40 user profile picture

Skincareat40

Dry/Sensitive

I would start slow with a lower % and a few times a week. Use the sandwich method, moisturizer retinol moisturizer. after your skin gets used to it, you can use with niacinamide or azelaic acid. HA also works great. just avoid using it with vitamin c, aha, bha and other actives
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!