picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Ingredients

riaslist user profile picture

riaslist

Oily/Sensitive

dot711 Views

How often should you exfoliate with AHAs/BHAs🤔

Exfoliation is the shortest and fastest way to better skin, especially if your skin is oily and acne prone. BUT you need to avoid over exfoliating; which means exfoliating too often or leaving the product for longer than advised. Exception: Exfoliating Cleansers Cleanser with exfoliating acids can be used everyday on all skin types because the acid won’t stay on your skin for long when you rinse off your cleanser
carousel
upvote

comment

70 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I feel like this is very much dependent on the concentration strength. Strong ones like peeling solutions should only be used once, maybe twice a week or even less often. Weaker ones (2% or less) can be used more often depending on the skin type and how much exfoliation is really needed.
upvote

comment

riaslist

Oily/Sensitive

Right!! it's better to start slowly with a low concentration. If your skin’s happy, increase the frequency and strength until you achieve your desired result.
upvote

comment

M

Monnn

Dry/Resilient

It depends on the individual, personally I don’t think exfoliating is necessary because the skin exfoliates itself, I like exfoliating once every week or two
upvote

comment

riaslist

Oily/Sensitive

I agree that it depends on your skin type and what are you using. I believe exfoliation simply gives your face an instant glow both by clearing away the dead skin cells that cause dullness and by allowing your other anti-aging products to penetrate the skin more effectively.
upvote

comment

shafatc user profile picture

shafatc

Dry/Sensitive

imo it depends on your skin conditions and the concentration of the exfoliating agent. because my skin is sensitive i tend to exfoliate 1-2 times a week.
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

I exfoliate it 2x a week
upvote

comment

Bypitek user profile picture

Bypitek

Oily/Sensitive

3 times a week
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!