picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Duelly user profile picture

Duelly

Oily/Resilient

dot146 Views

Morning vs Afternoon Cleansers? Acne prone skin SOS!🚨

Hi all, First off I’m super happy to be there - been lurking (haha) on Picky for a few weeks now and it is sooo refreshing to see honest reviews by real people! This app has really helped me cut through the white noise and marketing bullsh*t that’s rampant in skincare as a whole. I’m surprised this isn’t more of a cultural phenomenon!? I found Picky through Insta and I am blown away. Skincare is no longer a dark art? Hooray! Anyway, I am here with a genuine question and hoping you lovely people can help me. I don’t know if I’m being extra or wanting an excuse to spend more money (this is possible lmao) but is it worth having two or more different cleansers? Specifically an AM and PM one. I ask as someone with problem skin on her cheeks, the acne is REAL. I feel like I’m constantly chasing it around and that my skin is under siege. I think it’s hormonal because my forehead? Clear. Chin? Clear. Temples? Clear. I have post acne marks here and there and scarring on my cheeks from picking and popping, esp as a teen 😒 (what I would tell my younger self sigh!) I’m nearly 25 and my cheeks just won’t quit. So I’m wondering if it’s worth investing in different cleansers? I’ve been using Holika Holika’s aloe gel cleanser but I got COSRX’s good morning low PH one as my next trial and (hopefully) no error! Nearly finished my Holika one so looking forward to trying that. This will certainly be my morning one. So how about an afternoon one? Or shall I stick with what I use in the morning? I find my acne develops through the day, I rarely wake up in the morning with a huge spot unless I’ve been bad to myself and didn’t do my night routine lol😴🤕 Comments and suggestions welcome! Fragrance-free if possible though please. Any other products recommendations welcome too. Pic to see my struggles - believe it or not that’s a pretty good day! I’m wondering if probiotic supplements or benzyl peroxide/acnecide cream might help? Apologies for the long post! Thought I’d make my debut question a good one though 😂😅🥳
carousel
upvote

comment

3 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

I have two types of cleansers besides the oil/balm cleansers. I have one low ph everyday basic cleanser and 1 exfolianting cleansers that have AHA/BHA in it that I use twice a week at night. I have dry skin so this has been enough for me. As you oily and acne prone skin you might want to use it more often But be mindful to always replenish hydration and moisture after
upvote

comment

D

dwsh

Oily/Resilient

When I first started on skincare, I only used one cleanser for both AM and PM routines. But after visiting my esthetician for facials on almost a monthly routine, she recommended me to use different types of cleansers during different periods of the month for both AM and PM routines. And I did see a difference in my skin when I used different cleansers so I have about 3-4 cleansers on my shelf at one time to use. Especially when it’s nearing my period, skin tends to get clogged and pimples start popping up, I will use cleansers that target oily/acne prone skin like tea tree cleansers. Hope this helps!
AC Collection Calming Foam Cleanser

COSRX
AC Collection Calming Foam Cleanser

star rating

(101)

favorite

Original

Banila Co.
Original

star rating

(251)

favorite

Green Barley Bubble Cleanser

INNISFREE
Green Barley Bubble Cleanser

star rating

(2)

favorite

upvote

comment

Duelly

Oily/Resilient

That’s an interesting idea! Never considered that.. many thanks x
upvote

comment

hiratheaddict user profile picture

hiratheaddict

Oily/Sensitive

hii i use three different cleansers in a day in the morning i use a foaming cleanser to get all the oil out thats left from night (of course moisturize after) in the night i use a cleansing oil and do double cleansing with a gel. i have acne prone skin too and they are at their worst rn but these products helped me a lot so heres what i use and reccomend;

Duelly

Oily/Resilient

I’ve got the Good Morning gel cleanser by COSRX, can’t wait to start using it! Gel and foam cleansers are my fave tbh x
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!