picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Ingredients

PetronelaPe user profile picture

PetronelaPe

Oily/Sensitive

dot189 Views

Hyaluronic acid - alergy?

Hi all, have you guys experienced something like alergic reaction from over usage of hyaluronic acid? I think that my hyaluronic acid serum causes rash and itchiness on my face. Has anyone experienced something like this?😏
upvote

comment

10 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

Thats not an allergy but more of a side effect. If not use correctly it can back fire.HA is a humectant and draws water from either on your skin or in the air. Also if the HA you are using has high amount of varying HA molecular weights it also doubles the side effect for it. More does not equal better. So apply HA on wet skin, seal with moisturiser of facial oil. Or use a humidifier in your bedroom at night. If still not working for your best to switch to a different hydrator or moisturiser like Betaglucan or ceramides
upvote

comment

PetronelaPe

Oily/Sensitive

that’s very helpful, thank you. Betaglucan is not my cup of tea, so I would try ceramides instead. 😌
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

Hi, in general Hyaluronic Acid exists in different molecular sizes, the smaller the molelcule is, the higher the price is since the molceules can penetrate deeper, but Low or Ultralow molecules even if they moisturize the skin better and penetrate the skin deeper have one side effect - smaller form = they can penetrate deeper and sometimes they can also transport stuff which our skin doesn't like deeper and cause irritation.
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

Yeah, this happens to me when I use hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid. but my skin is okay with other forms of HAs.
upvote

comment

PetronelaPe

Oily/Sensitive

thanks a lot everyone πŸ–€
upvote

comment

Loriehernando user profile picture

Loriehernando

Oily/Resilient

When I buy products I look for the hyaluronic acid in it
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!