picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

trisgine user profile picture

trisgine

Dry/Resilient

dot111 Views

Recurring Itchiness

Hi! I’ve recently tried The Ordinary’s Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% about 3 days ago, twice a day — morning and night. I always start by double cleansing followed by a hydrating toner before putting it on my face and then I finish it off with a moisturizer. It’s been great so far and I love the texture. But what’s baffling me is sometimes it’s itchy on some parts of my face, and sometimes it doesn’t itch at all. Is this normal when just starting with it? Or should I stop it? Let me know below. Thanks!
Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

The Ordinary
Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

star rating

(494)

favorite

upvote

comment

2 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

It is a known side effect of azeliac acid. Have you tried buffering it with moisturiser first? I find it does reduce it To be fair I have been using 20% though
upvote

comment

trisgine user profile picture

trisgine

Dry/Resilient

I’m trying to see first if it’s really because of the azelaic and if it’s bad or not. And I’m also glad you said so. I have had the thought of buffering it first prior to this. I’ll definitely start buffering. Thank you!
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I think as with most actives, it's best to ease into it. Start with once a week and gradually increase the frequency to allow your skin to adjust. Some people might be fine to jump right into it, but better to be on the cautious side.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!