picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Cismic user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Cismic

Dry/Sensitive

dot72 Views

What do when your skin gets a bad reaction or irritated?

Hello! Little sister with sensitive skin got a bad reaction (red bumpy rash) on her cheeks after slathering a new product. She also has sensitive skin like mine (but thankfully with less issues so far) and we completely forgot to do a test patch on face first. We sent pics to the doctor and got the recommendation to use some OTC hydrocortisone cream which has been helping since then along with using aquaphor/Vaseline/cerave healing ointment on top. Thus, I have been wondering: what do y’all do after a bad skin reaction? Any recommendation of products or tips that helped for you (both during and after)?
Healing Ointment

CeraVe
Healing Ointment

star rating

(97)

favorite

Healing Ointment

Aquaphor
Healing Ointment

star rating

(35)

favorite

upvote

comment

4 Comments

Masen user profile picture

Masen

Oily/Resilient

What i do after a bad skin reaction is i do a skin cleanse for a week or until the reaction has heeled. i go back to my staple products that i know do not have a reaction to, i call them my “comfort” skincare. i use the products i tagged.
picky squad user badge

Cismic

Dry/Sensitive

Ooo gonna look into the moisturizing lotion, haven’t heard about it before! Also just wondering, what do you do during your skin cleanse?
upvote

comment

Masen user profile picture

Masen

Oily/Resilient

doing my skin cleanse all i do is go back to the basics i quit using all my extra products like my retinol and benzoyl peroxide. during the day i only use the face wash, facial lotion and an spf. the night time is similar just without the sunscreen. doing this lets your skin reset. sometimes if a bad reaction like a rash appears ill use just a generic rash cream just on the affected area.
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Cismic

Dry/Sensitive

Really appreciate the clarification!!! I’m always curious how others deal whenever that happens since I tend to overthink if using too little or too much :’)
upvote

comment

Asukitta user profile picture

Asukitta

Oily/Sensitive

i recommend this creAM in that situation
picky squad user badge

Cismic

Dry/Sensitive

Oo thanks for the rec!! Heard great things about Klairs (especially all their creams and toners) Going to check it out!
upvote

comment

Y

yelaaa

Oily/Sensitive

Use a mild cleanser and an occlusive moisturizer, ceramides help a lot as well, and also dont skip sunscreen, I suggest these products

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!