picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Siandria user profile picture

Siandria

Oily/Sensitive

dot73 Views

Is it okay to use toner or essence only instead of a moisturizer?

Hello! I am really struggling finding an affordable moisturizer that does not give problems to my skin. I have oily, dehydrated, acne prone skin and I have already tried many moisturizers. But without luck, I haven't found the right one. I just feel like I've been throwing away money whenever my skin becomes reactive shortly after using a new moisturizer. Among all moisturizers I've tried, one's either pore clogging or lacks moisturizing effects to my skin. For now, I am only using Kikumasamune High Moist which is the only product I have that combats my dehydration and moisturizes my oily skin. But I am eyeing out Cosrx Snail Mucin Essence because I am suspecting Kiku for my recent white small bumps. Is it okay to leave out moisturizer in my routine?
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Fuyuka user profile picture

Fuyuka

Oily/Sensitive

Isn't Kikumasamune High Moist a hydrating toner? I remember I once saw it and immediately recalled it is quite similar with Cezanne High Moist. This Cezanne also caused me several small bumps, which I suspected as overhydrated, as it is high moist and my skin is still oily (even though at that time it was dehydrated). I also have used Cosrx Snail, liked it, but no longer use it. It was good for hydrating, but I don't think it is that necessary. Seeing your problem, I think you might want to change the toner into a milder one, and please, please get a moisturizer as I have experienced it myself, just using toner is not enough. Toner isn't supposed to be left alone, it needs a moisturizer to seal in the moisture. Funny fact, I also used to think I don't need a moisturizer cause there was just difficult to find one but that was where my other mistake took place! I came across a person saying, which made me realize that not using moisturizer also the cause why my skin cannot achieve that smooth texture, it was because I only used toner but not followed by a moisturizer. For choices of toner and moisturizer, you might want to check Hada Labo brand. I myself also use their products (toner and moisturizer).
upvote

comment

Siandria user profile picture

Siandria

Oily/Sensitive

I do put Etude House aloe vera gel on top of Kiku but I'm not sure if it's considered as a moisturizer
upvote

comment

Farya user profile picture

Farya

Oily/Resilient

you can adjust ths number and type of products according to your skin needs and the climate. I have oily dehydrated skin and currently the weather in my city is hot and humid so I have restricted my riyetinee to cleanser , serum or toner and sunscreen when I go out. I do chemical exfoliation once a week and do a mask pack ( either wash off or sheet mask once a week ) but when the weather is cold like Autumn and winters I use toner, serum, essence, face cream and sleeping mask on daily basis. so there is no obligation to have 6+ skincare steps in your routine
upvote

comment

D

dwsh

Oily/Resilient

You may want to try this moisturiser from Isntree! I used to not use moisturiser but I realised it’s quite important as it helps to seal in moisture on the face regardless of dry or oily skin type. You may want to find gel types of cream so that it’s more lightweight for your skin.
Hyaluronic Acid Aqua Gel Cream

ISNTREE
Hyaluronic Acid Aqua Gel Cream

star rating

(321)

favorite

upvote

comment

elaineganuelas user profile picture
picky squad user badge

elaineganuelas

Oily/Resilient

I do that mostly in the AM. I skip moisturizer if I use a hydrating or creamy sunscreen
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!