picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Laurel1989 user profile picture

Laurel1989

Dry/Resilient

dot1,399 Views

A Better Solution than Botox?

I'm beginning to see fine lines and less elasticity in my skin (I'm 32) and so many people around me are beginning to use botox! I don't want to do this though. Has anyone come across a real, non injecting solution? Thanks ladies and gents 💋
upvote

comment

64 Comments

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

Argireline aka Botox in a bottle Sunscreen retinoids l-Ascorbic acid
upvote

comment

Laurel1989

Dry/Resilient

Thanks I've not heard of argireline- is there a particular product you would suggest?
upvote

comment

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

I am 33, same as you I dont want to go the botox route. I more or less want to age gracefully. 😅 So now thinking of going tretinoid instead
upvote

comment

deby user profile picture

deby

Dry/Sensitive

32 years is still young, you know, I don't think you need Botox. Maybe you want to consider other alternatives like laser maybe? I'm 34 years old and I never really thought about doing Botox, maybe because no one around me did it so I never thought about it. I personally am quite satisfied with using retinoid cream. Have you tried retinoid cream or retinol yet? They are amazing
upvote

comment

Laurel1989

Dry/Resilient

Thanks, you're right it is young for Botox really- it's that a few of my friends are using it and saying that it better to start early, prevention better than cure etc. I'm not comfortable with the idea but want to make sure I'm preventing in one way or another! I've tried retinol and will continue it.. Have you had any experience with laser?
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

are you using an SPF of at least 30 every day? it is our best defense against ageing xx🥰🥰
upvote

comment

Laurel1989

Dry/Resilient

Thanks, yes I do (and to be honest don't have a lot of exposure to the outdoors as I'm in an office all week!). I agree though that protection from sun damage is vital x
upvote

comment

nandita user profile picture

nandita

Oily/Sensitive

Since my skin can get pretty sensitive to physical exfoliation, I go for chemical. My skin is currently recovering from over exfoliation and I find that my skin can handle exfoliating with cleansers so the one I use now has SA. The COSRX AHA and BHA are great since they're gentle on my skin! My mistake was using them too often but nonetheless they work amazing! 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!