picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Skin Concern

skinchelinguide user profile picture

skinchelinguide

Dry/Resilient

dot143 Views

🌞 Why's your skincare not working? 🌞

Here's what I think could be the reason based on my experience: 1) πŸ‡ YOU'RE NOT DOUBLE CLEANSING - Double cleansing is so important. I only realised it when I consistently double cleansed my face and saw great improvements on my face. Skincare will work when you have properly cleaned face so please start double cleansing. This was the major reason why I wasn't getting clear skin. 2) 🍈 YOU'RE SKIPPING SUNSCREEN - If you want to avoid getting uneven skin tone, wrinkles all over your face, make a habit of applying sunscreen daily and you will definitely see changes. Assume your other skincare routine won't work even a single bit if you skip SPF. Remember, SPF lowers risk of skin cancer tooπŸ’› 3) πŸ‰ YOU'RE NOT KNOWING YOUR SKIN CONCERNS - Know your skin type and concerns, don't simply buy products that worked for your friend/family. Buy products according to your skin needs, focusing just on your own skin needs will change the way skincare works on your skin. 4) 🍊 YOU'RE USING HIGHER % OF ACTIVES THAN NEEDED - Higher % could make things worse, cause skin issues for some people too. Always start with smaller %. 10% Niacinamide didn't work for you? That's probably because the % is too high, try the 5% instead. Higher % of exfoliator could also be the reason why your skincare doesn't work for you. 5) πŸ‹ YOU'RE APPLYING TOO MUCH PRODUCT - I used to apply 4 to 5 drops of serum, use big chunk of moisturizer daily. When skincare stopped working on my skin, I tried decreasing the size and amount. Instead, I applied maximum 2 to 3 drops of serum and used pea size moisturizer and started seeing changes. πŸ”₯GAME CHANGER!!!!πŸ”₯ These are basically mistakes I personally made. I tried improving slowly and now, skincare works on my skin. Patience is key! 😌 Let me know why your skincare didn't work and what you did to fix it ❓❓
upvote

comment

11 Comments

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

i agree with everything, specifically "Applying too much". i feel like we don't talk about this too often!!!!πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ I also used to apply a lot of serum and/or a lot of essence, a lot of everything thinking it will maximize the effects but this is indeed super counterproductive (and wasteful). πŸ˜†
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

thanks for sharing g xx🀩
upvote

comment

Pux user profile picture

Pux

Oily/Sensitive

Yes, Patience is the keyπŸ’ͺ🏻.Thank you for sharing 😁
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

please add CONSISTENCY! I still struggle with this! Sometimes I have phases where I'm too lazy to do something! You cant expect your skincare to work if you arent consistent.
upvote

comment

skinchelinguide user profile picture

skinchelinguide

Dry/Resilient

You're absolutely right βœ…
upvote

comment

nandita user profile picture

nandita

Oily/Sensitive

have HA in my cleanser and in my moisturizer. So i use it AM and PM. I don’t like it in serum. Personnal choice.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!