picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

jaelynnrae007 user profile picture

jaelynnrae007

Dry/Sensitive

dot287 Views

purito sunscreen scandal?

I just recently bought the purito comfy water sun block spf 50+++ and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. and ive read about the purito centella sunblock not having the same spf as stated on the bottle. Basically they are saying it’s like spf 18, so I’m curious has anyone found any info on the comfy water sunblock? Is it really spf 50? If not I need to find another one bc 18 is way too low for my liking. I have to have AT LEAST 30 spf. lmk if you’ve seen any articles about it!! And if it is really only spf 18 then I’m ISO something similar in texture, finish, and feel that I’d spf 30 or more.
carousel
[Discontinued] Comfy Water Sun Block SPF50+ PA++++

PURITO
[Discontinued] Comfy Water Sun Block SPF50+ PA++++

star rating

(134)

favorite

upvote

comment

17 Comments

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Hmm where did you buy this? Purito has suspended sales of this sunscreen and provided refunds. https://m.puritoen.com/article/notice/1/1453/ Yes it is true that even this mineral base sunscreen did no reach the SPF 50 rating, it was the same with Klairs Sunscreen both the chemical and physical types did no reach SPF 50. I gotten my refund from Hermo that sells Klairs products https://puritoen.com/article/notice/1/1368/
upvote

comment

jaelynnrae007

Dry/Sensitive

I’m not looking for a refund, I actually love the sunscreen, was just curious where everyone found the info about what spf it actually is. so I know if I can wear it on a day I won’t be outside a ton!
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

hey, so there were a few independent tests done. two were done in European labs and they found the spf to be 19. there was then a study done in a Korean lab and they found the spf to be 28.4. I've added in couple of screen shots for you to see. going by the law of averages, in my opinion I would say the spf would probably be around 22. xxx
upvote

comment

jaelynnrae007

Dry/Sensitive

see this one also says it’s for the centella sunscreen. which is different from the comfy water sunscreen. that’s what I found as well!
upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

Agree with Bazz! This sunscreen had been discontinued due to spf issue, it was retested in a better facility and turned out ot be spf 28 instead of 50.
upvote

comment

jaelynnrae007

Dry/Sensitive

do you have a link to an article or somewhere I can look to see that it’s 28 spf? if it’s 28 I’m comfortable wearing it on days I’m not outside a lot.
upvote

comment

Farya user profile picture

Farya

Oily/Resilient

I do have a tube of this which I now use on my arms and feet so that don't get tan
upvote

comment

jaelynnrae007

Dry/Sensitive

I adore this sunscreen. I hope they make a new one with a similar formula but more spf so I can wear it everyday!!
upvote

comment

pauline user profile picture

pauline

Dry/Resilient

this have been discontinued. theres no problem with the sunscreen except the spf only 28ish. which mean you might want to use it when you only if you have activity indoor
upvote

comment

jaelynnrae007

Dry/Sensitive

yes that’s what I was thinking also!! so they said it’s spf 28? is this on a website somewhere?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!