picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Brand Talk

smoxeyvision user profile picture

smoxeyvision

Oily/Resilient

dot1,079 Views

Companies and brands that think they own your posts just because they offered you PR

Have you ever been in a situation where the company (never happened with a brand itself directly) was too agressive asking to post a few posts, stories, and good reviews and If you don’t they get very rude. That’s why I decided not to accept pr lately unless they are very open and self critical. How do you react in these situations especially if they name you publicly?
upvote

comment

63 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I mean, we don't live in a world full of rainbows and unicorns, right? Most companies do not send PR products for charity. If they send you PR, of course they are expecting that you talk about their products on your socials. Why else would they? That's what marketing is about. Most influencers will post about PR products even if the brand does not instruct them too, but that's what they will expect anyways. At the end of the day, companies want to make profits, and that's all there is to it.
upvote

comment

smoxeyvision

Oily/Resilient

yes but I do not asked them to send anything neither they wanted some special tretmant before. I wouldn’t lie for a product someone saves money to buy it and trust me, so I would rather buy it and say my real experience (and the good thing about skincare is that the same product is great for someone else) or i might not post anything especially if I am a customer as well and bought and reviewed tons of other od their products so, like I said thanks I don’t want pr if they think it’s charity, it is actually advertisment that cost them almost nothing compared to a sponsored post
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

I'm currently talking with one company from Taiwan but they wrote in the beginning that they want to use post and photos I create for them but they can only go for barter, normally I wouldn't agree, but I have to admit the product they offer and the aesthetic of the brand made me agree, but if the company didn't say at first they want to use your photos then I would write a message to them and report them to Instagram.
upvote

comment

smoxeyvision

Oily/Resilient

seems like a fair thing in your case, in mine they said they will send me products with no obligation to post or review but here we go 😢
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

thankfully I've never had this situation, but it will definitely be interesting to hear others stories. xxx💝💝
upvote

comment

smoxeyvision

Oily/Resilient

same here seems like barely happens this or it’s better to keep the mouth shut and recive pr but that never ever will happen on my profile, my page my rules
upvote

comment

Skinandcurlss user profile picture

Skinandcurlss

Dry/Resilient

I dealt with this once and it was sooo annoying
upvote

comment

smoxeyvision

Oily/Resilient

I can feel you cause I am kinda frustrated at the moment
upvote

comment

MYKAEVERYDAY user profile picture

MYKAEVERYDAY

Dry/Resilient

Lucky I havent been in this situation
upvote

comment

smoxeyvision

Oily/Resilient

be careful and make an agreement before the collab 💝
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!