picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Connect

kaysvanity.xo user profile picture

kaysvanity.xo

Oily/Resilient

dot482 Views

IG Worthy Images ๐Ÿ‘‘

Are you interested in becoming an influencer? Find yourself with not quite up to par images or your pictures are good but making mistakes? Here are just 5 of MANY ways to make your pictures IG worthy and meeting that "IG Algorithm." ๐Ÿฆ‹ AVOID THE CLUTTER ๐Ÿฆ‹ First we need to create a picture worth taking. Whether you are a content creator for fashion, food, or skincare; there is always clutter to avoid capturing. What is clutter? Simple, see that outfit you are wearing in your selfie or that luxurious serum, so stunning, but oh no, you noticed the dirty clothes pile or the dirty sink in your choice of image for content. This is like that kitchen drawer of random things, so unnecessary but we ALL have it. Clear the clutter from your pictures, only photograph what you WANT other people to see; especially those companies you want to collaborate with. ๐Ÿฆ‹ GAIN CONTROL OF YOUR FOCUS ๐Ÿฆ‹ So, you have the perfect layout for a picture, but damned if you didn't take 281910 pictures and they all just seem shaky; or just like me, your hands are far from the steadiest hands in the world.. Get yourself a tripod. There are so many tools out there, not to mention for cheap, that you can get your hands on to create professional pictures if you have a smartphone. ๐Ÿฆ‹ AVOID THE ZOOM BUTTON ๐Ÿฆ‹ You may feel as if zooming in on what you are trying to capture is enhancing what you want to see; however, the truth is it's only hurting your image. There are so many ways to edit an image to enhance what you want to see; simply move with your camera and capture the image. You would be surprised with how just a step or two can change your picture. If you are still not getting that close enough in look, once you have found you spot to stand, find yourself an editing app and practice your way around features to get that image. ๐Ÿฆ‹ REAR FACING CAMERA ๐Ÿฆ‹ Yes, back to 2010! Take a selfie with your rear facing camera. If you have gotten that tripod you are already a step in the right direction of creating a high resolution picture because the rear facing camera is in fact a more enhanced lense versus the front. Yes, I mentioned a selfie but for those who have a passion for product photography and skin care like me, we all know that we use that rear facing camera way to often. Did you read the word "lense?" Did you know, that you can literally buy attachable lenses for your phones camera? You'll thank me later and look out for my next discussion focused specifically on LENSES. Also, please research before jumping into a lense and remember practice makes perfect. Anyone can learn. ๐Ÿฆ‹ USING FLASH CORRECTLY ๐Ÿฆ‹ All in all, if you are using just your smart phone with no white background it is much easier to avoid the flash all together and work with natural lighting, or even a "light box," (search this on amazon, thank me later.) However, there are many ways and tools to use flashes correctly which is a whole other discussion and a lot more research it takes to get these techniques completely right. I find personally that ambient or natural light is MY best friend. Comment below โคตโคต what other mistakes you should avoid to create IG Worthy images! If you have found this helpful please stay tunned to my Picky for more discussions like these.
upvote

comment

19 Comments

NguyenAndOngLy user profile picture

NguyenAndOngLy

Oily/Sensitive

wow thank you so much for this tip! โค๏ธ
upvote

comment

SilverSliver user profile picture

SilverSliver

Dry/Sensitive

Bookmarked! Thank you so much for such great tips! Iโ€™m sure many people will find these helpful :)
upvote

comment

iamkhayramos user profile picture

iamkhayramos

Oily/Resilient

thank you so much for the tips!
upvote

comment

skincareclo user profile picture

skincareclo

Oily/Resilient

Great tips! โค
upvote

comment

glowriri user profile picture

glowriri

Oily/Sensitive

thank you for this!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!