Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Connect

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

dot117 Views

The 7 deadly(?) sins of skincare

Nobody's perfect, and that applies to our approach to skincare and skincare routine! I am curious, which of the 7 deadly sins best describes yours? • Envy: My routine is never good enough. Everytime I see new products, I forget about the 67 ones I already purchased and used twice, and I go on a new shopping spree. If it's so hyped up, it must be good, and I have FOMO. • Gluttony: What do you mean "a dime-sized amount" or "a few drops"? I put way too much product on my skin so that it is "properly nourished"! By the way, these bottles are so small, they don't even last me a month!...I should probably reapply some of that toner, btw. • Greed: There's no such thing as too many products to put on my skin! Double cleanse, toners, essences, serums, moisturizer, spf. Give me more! What's next? • Lust: Skincare is my guilty pleasure. Both morning and evening, I cannot wait to lock myself in the bathroom for 20 minutes and put on all my skincare products and enjoy every sensation of it! • Pride: My routine is the best! Look at my perfect skin! I found the perfect products and I am never buying anything else! • Sloth: Skincare is too much work! Cleansing, moisturizing, and spf are more than enough. Now time to go to bed! • Wrath: War to all blemishes! Rub that skin real good until it gets red! Pop out those pimples! Overexfoliate! Squeeze out those blackheads! If it burns, that means it is working! I would probably be guilty of Lust tbh! 😅 What about you?
upvote

comment

8 Comments

rronerek user profile picture

rronerek

Oily/Resilient

Hahaha, this is such a funny take on skincare. If I’m picking one for myself it’s probably envy, except I don’t have enough money to keep buying the products I envy 😂 but yes, extreme FOMO happening!
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you so much for your response and feedback, happy that you like the discussion topic 😊! Envy is a tough one! So far I have been barely able to resist buying the newest hyped up products, but I am not sure how long that will last haha!
upvote

comment

menuruthsaya user profile picture

menuruthsaya

Dry/Resilient

I'm guilty for lust, definitely! I just love my skincare time soooo much😆😆
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

Haha, girl, I am the saaaame! 🙌
upvote

comment

Ferend user profile picture

Ferend

Oily/Resilient

I like how you describe each of it 🤣👏🏻 I might be lust too! i spent way too much time in the bathroom because i simply enjoy taking time with my skin! I might also be Envy, because i can’t resist if there’s new upcoming brands 😇 Take my money!
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you so much for giving me validation for my comedy skills, I am so happy you enjoyed my post 😊 Doing my skincare routine is literally the highlight of my day as well! I'm struggling with Miss Envy, but so far I have been able to keep her in check...Not sure for how much longer, though 😅
upvote

comment

Yesul1230 user profile picture

Yesul1230

Dry/Resilient

envy pride sloth
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

Interesting sin combination!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!