picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Opinion

summersong user profile picture

summersong

Oily/Resilient

dot52 Views

Oil pulling for face

I read somewhere recently about someone's experience with oil pulling for the face and I decided to try that out for myself today. Oil pulling involves putting a facial oil on your face and gently massaging for at least 15 to 20 minutes. I used my dear klairs gentle black deep cleansing oil and massaged my face gently with it for about 15 minutes. At about the seven minute mark, I started to feel grit beneath my fingers. True enough, dirt was coming out from deep within my pores and probably some blackhead and whitehead mixed with other stuff. My skin only had products from my AM ROUTINE and I did not have any makeup on. After this experience, I can truly say oil pulling for my face works for me. It wouldn't be something that I would do very often, but I would try to keep to at least once a week if I have the time. Have you tried this before?
Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil

Dear, Klairs
Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil

star rating

(199)

favorite

upvote

comment

4 Comments

Cedric user profile picture

Cedric

Oily/Resilient

yes I've heard people try this method! but it's just physical exfoliation caused by rubbing your skin for a long period of time. the balls you see are dead skin and dirt rolled together.
upvote

comment

summersong

Oily/Resilient

I know mine is not surface exfoliation cos I do gel exfoliation every morning. This was little black dots and definitely is different from what comes from my morning exfoliation.
upvote

comment

Newtoskincare user profile picture

Newtoskincare

Oily/Sensitive

Oh, didn’t know is called oil pulling. I usually get grit from just first cleanse (I don’t have makeup on). I usually double cleanse every now and then just to clear all the gunk and grit. learnt something today. thanks!
upvote

comment

hiratheaddict user profile picture

hiratheaddict

Oily/Sensitive

hii! i have tried it too. sadly nothing came out. i dont know if because of cleansing oil doesnt work or something else but im really happy with my cleansing oil! im recently out of it so bought the bobbi browns one to try so well see lol. btw i tried for 15 minutes~
elaineganuelas user profile picture
picky squad user badge

elaineganuelas

Oily/Resilient

This method works for me but I'm too lazy to spare 15 minutes πŸ˜‚
upvote

comment

summersong

Oily/Resilient

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!