picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Mandeekaye user profile picture

Mandeekaye

Dry/Resilient

dot54 Views

help!!!

Okay so I see all the hype about using vitamin c serum. So I decided to get some and I have very sensitive skin. I used the vit c serum one time in the am and it instantly burned a bit. But I shrugged it off and thought it will go away in a few seconds. It stopped burning and I thought everything was good until I woke up the next day and my cheeks were super red and raised up a bit. So I cant wash my face or put anything on my face cause it hurts so bad. Even tried using a natural lotion that shouldn't irritate but it did. Im going on day 5 and it hasn't went away or eased up a little bit. Can someone tell me what happened? Or how I can make it stop?
upvote

comment

5 Comments

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

Did you buy L-Ascorbic Acid form of Vitamin C? Thats formulated at pH 2-3 so very acidic in order to ensure potency and pH of skin is 5-6 At such a low pH it has great potential to burn skin and damage barrier Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramides are great to help you repair that barrier
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

In general, vitamin C has different forms and ascorbic acid is the main one. No matter if you go for ascorbic acid or ascorbyl glucoside, SAP, map etc for sensitive skin we should choose solutions below 10% since solutions with more Vit C can cause irritation. Other thing is that: - some people can't use Vit C plus niacinamide together because they'll cause some redness - vitamin C might react with other actives or ingredients you're using Still, I would suspect that the solution you use has too high concentration of Vit C for your skin
upvote

comment

avecbelle user profile picture

avecbelle

Oily/Resilient

it’s best to start off from Low concentrations of vitamin C first then work upwards
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!