Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Opinion

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

dot80 Views

What is you skincare budget?

Hello lovelies πŸ‘‹ I was wondering how much money you are currently allocating to your skincare routine? Although I make decent money, I tend to stick with affordable brands, and my budget for 2021 has been around USD 50 so far for an entire routine. However, I am realizing that I might need to put in a little more money for specific products to achieve maximum results (i.e. Skinceuticals Ferulic CE serum). I was curious to know what range your skincare budget lies into? Do you tend to think that "more expensive is not necessarily better" or that "you get what you pay for"? Do you think the industry is leaning toward making good skincare more affordable or more expensive? I would love to read what you think below πŸ‘‡πŸ˜Š
upvote

comment

4 Comments

disinclined user profile picture

disinclined

Oily/Resilient

I like to pay around $10 to $20 for a product. I will test some products once a month to see if it makes a difference. Also if it is even worth paying the extra $20 for a product, that I can buy that is cheaper! I like quality over price!!!! Also the cheaper the product more skincare I get to buy and try!!!πŸ›πŸ™Œ 😌
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I like the way you go about paying less for more products that you can test and potentially find some holy grails! I should definitely try your approach 😊I also think that product efficiency is more important than the price, but I have a hard time drawing the line between the two because I can be extremely cheap!
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

It depends, I have to admit that I'm bit cheap and I like to save money. But the most expensive product I bough costed $100. I'm more likely to spend more on makeup than skincare or on beauty tools, but thankfully I have no private space and I keep my skincare in my wardrobe, other way I would probably spend my entire monthly wage.
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I used to be like you and would spend more on makeup than skincare, but now skincare is more of a priority for me 😊 I totally get that having no private space is a concern when you want to buy more expensive products!
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I'm a bit of a cheapskate and prefer value for money, regardless of my income. Most of my products cost less than Β£15 but I think I'll be aiming to be a bit more flexible on that as I keep working on perfecting my routine. However I think I will continue using cheap but effective products such as TO peeling solution because it works so well, why splash out for something else πŸ€”πŸ˜Š
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I totally agree! TO has been my introduction to skincare ingredients and I will definitely repurchase some of their products and try some new ones 😊 But I would also like to explore more expensive and potentially more efficient products.
upvote

comment

Pickytoner user profile picture

Pickytoner

Oily/Resilient

My budget is about 30 USD per product maximum, since you could get really great products for cheap (especially kbeauty) I don’t think the more expensive, the better, but some expensive brands do have a very luxurious texture and sometimes the formula is elegant as well.
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you for sharing 😊 I haven't dipped my fingertips into K-Beauty, yet, but I think I will very soon! I agree that more expensive products can feel really nice!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!