picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Giveaways

Kathrine user profile picture

Kathrine

Dry/Resilient

dot134 Views

Finally won a Picky giveaway ! But customs fees ...

After applying for so many giveaway , I was finally picked to try and review Skin1004 ampoule and toner! The only bummer is that because I am based in Europe, I had to pay customs fees for it ( around 20€)... but I paid for it since I really wanted to try these products. Are there any other European based Pickiers here? How much did you have to pay for customs? Would you still participate even if you need to pay customs? I think I would still pay, specially if it's a brand that I really want to try and not available in my country. Congratulations to everyone that won this giveaway as well 😊
carousel
upvote

comment

3 Comments

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

Hi, first of all - congratulations 🎉 Second of all, I'm from Poland and I also paid customs. Customs depends on shipping company, law (each country has bit different VAT/Taxes). When I got Gentle Hour toner from picky I paid 11 PLN which is about $3 or something similar, but it was 23% of the price of the toner and the price was about $11 originally I think, I assume DHL checked it online or on the package. I do participate since if you look on the other side - if you would buy this product anyway, you would have to pay for a product + taxes (it also depends on the store) or if not taxes, in Poland you still have to pay money to local post (which I personally hate) for dealing with your foreign package. That's why I only apply to giveaways of the product I planned to buy anyway :)
upvote

comment

Kathrine

Dry/Resilient

True! Since the change of customs fees I also only participate in giveaways of items I really want to try out! I actually found that customs fees from express shipping companies are actually cheaper than the national post .. I really don't understand why ... but honestly these new Europeans customs checks are pretty crappy imo and we as customers are the losing part 😔
upvote

comment

giulia3 user profile picture

giulia3

Oily/Resilient

wow, 20€ is a lot. I live in Italy and I have two giveaway that are coming, if I have to pay fees I will post about it
upvote

comment

Kathrine

Dry/Resilient

i'm From Belgium, it's actually the admin fees that cost more , the actual customs fees are still okay if I only had to pay for the actual fees. Hope your customs fees won't be too high 🤞
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!