picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Skin Concern

summersong user profile picture

summersong

Oily/Resilient

dot52 Views

Derma rolling at home - Yay or Nay?

I know dermarolling at home is a very controversial topic. There are two camps to this, those like me who do it at home and really love the benefits of it without having to spend money at an esthetician and those that also believe that such treatments should only be carried out in their hands of professionals. I do my dermarolling weekly and the channels that it opens in my skin really allows for the full absorption of the key ingredients that I put on it after the procedure. I do see a difference in my skin doing this once a week. I feel it allows my skin to fully absorb whatever serum it needs at that point in time. Which camp do you belong to and why?
carousel
upvote

comment

3 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I am glad it is working for you, but I am strongly a nay camp. I think that puncturing holes in your skin is a dangerous process and the rolling motion with needles can do lots of damage. Also, a professional would be able to determine the exact length of the needles required for the specific skin type. I am all for saving a fortune and not splashing out where not necessary, but if I wanted to do microneedling, I would not want to risk doing it at home. I've made enough skincare mistakes in the past! That said, your skin looks beautiful! 👌
upvote

comment

summersong user profile picture

summersong

Oily/Resilient

I know how you feel, I was super hesitant at first. But I asked my skin doctor during one of my treatments and she said as long as the needle was less than 1mm, i won't be able to do damage to my skin unless I did something stupid or extreme with it (like apply too much pressure). So I'm using a 0.75mm at the moment and it works for me :)
upvote

comment

avecbelle user profile picture

avecbelle

Oily/Resilient

have not tried but good to know that it works! :)
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I have never tried derma-rolling, but might get professional info and decide if I want to implement that to my routine 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!