picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

heyitskimi user profile picture

heyitskimi

Oily/Resilient

dot50 Views

Retinols

A little history first. Growing up I didn't really had much pimples. I do have blackheads/whiteheads and my pores are not that flawless but I did not really had a lot of pimples. So I don't really have a skincare routine and only used cheap products. I don't break out as well even if I use old make up. Until the pandemic happened, I had this little white bumps in my forehead. I did not mind at first cos I was not going out. But it started bugging me so I thought its time to level up my skin care. It is my first time to buy a product that's more than ₱500 which is roughly $10. That's expensive for me already. l bought The Ordinary 0.2% in squalene around May this year. I used it 2x a week at first. Then I started having red pimples and now its bigger. A lot showed up in the sides of my face, in my temples. They said it was purging so I endured to the point that it was really bad so I stopped after using it for a month. Its now August, i kept my skincare simple. Just using CosRx Salicylic Cleanser, The Ordinary Niacinamide, and Cetaphil moisturizer day and night. I've been taking Lactezin twice a day as well and it helped a lot. I still have acne every now and then but its just growing one at a time. Now I want to go back to my old routine using retinols and all these fancy stuffs and I will also take Zinc supplement on top of the Lactezin cos I want to get rid of the acne marks I still have.
upvote

comment

2 Comments

heyitskimi user profile picture

heyitskimi

Oily/Resilient

What are your experiences with retinols? Do you think I should try it again? Any recommendations to remove acne marks?
upvote

comment

shiejj user profile picture

shiejj

Oily/Resilient

ingredients to look out for in lightening acne marks: - niacinamide - vit c - arbutin -tranexamic acid - kojic acid don’t overuse them!
Niacinamide

The Inkey List
Niacinamide

star rating

(452)

favorite

Alpha Arbutin 2% and Kojic Acid 1% Serum

Garden of Wisdom
Alpha Arbutin 2% and Kojic Acid 1% Serum

star rating

(8)

favorite

Clinical Niacinamide 20% Treatment

Paula's Choice
Clinical Niacinamide 20% Treatment

star rating

(33)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!