picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Beuhlette user profile picture

Beuhlette

Oily/Resilient

dot99 Views

Do I need a Toner ?

Hi there ! I was wondering if I really needed a toner in my routine and also for what ? Do floral water work as a toner ? I have an oily skin Do y'all have any recommandations ?
upvote

comment

10 Comments

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

toner really should be used in your routine. a good toner will help with extra hydration and also reset the pH levels of your skin. when we cleanse and water is near our face it upsets our pH levels, so to not use a toner afterwards before carrying on with the rest of your skin care routine means you may be more prone to irritation, skin barrier problems etc. also if you use a toner with a cotton pad it is always useful as it will get the last traces of dirt, debris and makeup off your face. xxx😘💞💝
upvote

comment

Austinmiles user profile picture

Austinmiles

Dry/Sensitive

I agree!! I must have a toner ( or multiple ) in my routine haha
upvote

comment

ditaputri user profile picture

ditaputri

Oily/Resilient

Hi!! toner is actually optional, basic skincare is only facial wash, moisturizer and sunscreen. So adding toner is totally your preference. Benefit to add toner to our skincare routine is add some hydration, you know hydration is a key for glowing skin so if you feel your skincare routine isn’t hydrating enough, you can try to add hydrating toner. Nowadays, toners not only provide hydration but also can calming skin, strength skin barrier, exfoliating skin, add some nutrition, so there is sp much benefit! I love adding toner to my skincare routine✨ For oily skin, i recommend to try a toner that have watery texture, but currently i love this one, this is has a thick consistency and give powerful hydration but still not heavy (my skin type is combi to oily)
Skin Essentials Activating Treatment Lotion

Rovectin
Skin Essentials Activating Treatment Lotion

star rating

(423)

favorite

upvote

comment

Z

Zeeble

Dry/Sensitive

Toners aren't essential but can be useful for extra hydration and benefits; I especially like ones with soothing ingredients like centella or green tea. I'm not sure what floral water would help with, although I guess it depends on which flowers, the formulation, etc.
Centella Unscented Toner

PURITO
Centella Unscented Toner

star rating

(97)

favorite

upvote

comment

Beuhlette

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for your answer ! :)
upvote

comment

H

hira71

Oily/Resilient

toner is not necessary but these days i noticed my skin os very dehydrated and a hydrating toner is very good to keep your skin hydrated
Hydrium Watery Toner

COSRX
Hydrium Watery Toner

star rating

(196)

favorite

Vita B5 Toner

TIAM
Vita B5 Toner

star rating

(191)

favorite

upvote

comment

Beuhlette

Oily/Resilient

thanks a lot 🌸
upvote

comment

Pickytimin user profile picture

Pickytimin

Oily/Sensitive

Toners are not really necessary in a skincare routine but they might be necessary due to condition of the weather on the skin and skin types for extra hydration 💧💧
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!