picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Opinion

S

Sincerelyskincare

Oily/Resilient

dot46 Views

dry skin routine for oily skin type?

What's your opinion on oily folks using more hydrating, moisturising products in their routine. Ive been struggling with oily t zone and forehead and normal cheeks and recently I've been using products like the fab ultra repair moisturiser and the fab gentle skin face wash along with hydrating toners and serums, being more gentle with actives etc. I have also added rosehip oil into my pm routine and I have noticed pih fading, glowier skin and overall healthier skin. I have noticed a reduction in oiliness however I struggle with the evenings and looking like a grease ball at the end of the day, especially from wearing sunscreen. What's your opinion on a dry skin routine for oily skin? What do you think I should do to stop the greasiness at the end of the day without looking completely matte? Thanks, hope you have a great day <33
upvote

comment

1 Comment

Fuyuka user profile picture

Fuyuka

Oily/Sensitive

I learned the hard way that my oily skin gets oilier because it lacks of hydration, probably you also have heard this, that it is because our skin not hydrated enough, it produces more oil to compensate. That's why even oily skin can be dehydrated, too. Sometimes what matters more isn't what our skin type so we should use products accordingly but it's more about what our skin actually needs, the reason behind why it behaves in that way even though we think we have given them what is supposed to be suitable for them. And just like you, I also find my skin is more in a better condition with the so-called products/routines for dry skin, that's why I keep doing it while listening to what my skin tells me 😉
upvote

comment

S

Sincerelyskincare

Oily/Resilient

Great tips! I'm glad you found what works for you 🥰🥰
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!